South Pointing Chariot Geocoin <On Sale Now>

sssooocool

Tried going to the site to order but the link isn't working..

:cool:

Hmm, http://www.gocloko.com/geocoin/sp%20coin/index.asp worked for me, it could still be an artifact of the Taiwan earthquake back in December. I'm not certain all the fiber optics are fixed yet. Give it a try again, it could have been a transient glitch.

Hi fehrgo,

Thanks! The internet connection is impacted by earthquake indeed. Government said it will be fixed by Feb.

sssooocool

Hi all,

I send out orders on Jan. 26, 29, 31 and Feb. 1. Please link to here if your are interested of this SPIN Geocoin. :rolleyes: If you are not able to assess to our site, please follow the instruction of post #87 !

sssooocool

Ordered from this site and it said e-mail sent, but I haven't received an e-mail yet on how to pay through Paypal. Is their site still having problems. Thanks.

I noticed that there's a custom icon now posted for the South Pointing Chariot in the all geocoins icon list. Does this mean you've gone to mint? Have I missed a chance to get a couple of these?

No, you did not miss the chance at all. After several modifications on the mold, I finally got the final sample yesterday and put into production. It is estimated to complete in a month, and in due time I will notify those who responded to this topic individually. Thank you all for your patience. :)

Please see the picture of the sample in below:

sssooocool

SPCG.jpg

I expressed an interest in being notified of the sale of these back in October. I never heard a thing. Now I saw one for sale on an internet auction site.

Are they available???

Toponym

Hi all,

I send out orders on Jan. 26, 29, 31 and Feb. 1. Please link to here if your are interested of this SPIN Geocoin. :) If you are not able to assess to our site, please follow the instruction of post #87 !

sssooocool

Ordered from this site and it said e-mail sent, but I haven't received an e-mail yet on how to pay through Paypal. Is their site still having problems. Thanks.

Hi,

Our website looks fine and I have sent all the order / invoice couple of hours ago, please check your mailbox. If you still don't have the invoice, please PM me (give me your email). I will sned again for you.

sssooocool

I expressed an interest in being notified of the sale of these back in October. I never heard a thing. Now I saw one for sale on an internet auction site.

Are they available???

Toponym

Hi Toponym,

The South Pointing Chariot Geocoin starts to ship till Post #98. Please link to here for more information. Thanks !

sssooocool

Hi, everyone!

Just want to inform you that we have Chinese New Year holiday from Feb. 17-25 (Taipei Time Zone GMT+08:00)in Taiwan.

Our last working day is Feb. 16 and will resume work on Feb. 26.

During the holidays, we will check e-mail and accept your order as usual,

but the earliest shipping date will be on Feb. 26.

Wish you have a wonderful 2007!

Spring.jpg

sssooocool

:rolleyes: Chinese New Year holiday is approaching an end. Thank you for those who ordered and waited patiently prior to holiday commenced and during the holiday period. We will ship all the outstanding orders on February 26 and our office will function normally at your service.

For those south pointing chariot coin purchasers who wish to know how the coin was made, here is the final graphic I gave to the manufacturer for your reference.

SPCG-side%20view.jpg

Before the design was completed, I searched and selected one specific ball bearing which specification and size can fit into this tiny space plus with suitable price and available stock. When I explained to the ball bearing supplier the purpose of this ball bearing, they were amazed and very interested to learn that this product has other purpose than it was originally made for.

After the design layout was completed, I showed it to the minter and asked them to make 2 hand-made brass coin samples. It was very encouraging for me to see the sample which was not assembled and yet can spin. (Post #26 of this thread)

There were two options of assembling the coin in my plan for the beginning, one was to rivet those two castings and ball bearing together and the other one was glue adhesive. We started with the riveting first. Since it involved issues like degree of tapping, thickness of metal and plating etc. of spin disc and base, it took 10 sets of mold instead of 4 before the correct molds were completed. Thanks to the minter who honored our original deal of price and did not charge extra cost.

I lost nearly 100 ball bearings during testing period. But if I failed on first option and had to use glue adhesive method, it would have consumed much more time and could cost unpredictable greater loss of whole coins as glue could unexpectedly flow to every directions.

This design can not be die struck by using brass as base material, the more appropriate method is using zinc alloy. Zinc alloy is lighter in weight than brass or copper thus cost is cheaper but mold charge is more expensive. On the other hand, light weight can help the coin to spin better, and to reduce international freight cost.

Although it took about 4 months time in anticipating anxiously, but I am glad it was completed eventually and has fulfilled my wishes.

sssooocool

Just received my set of coins.

BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy with them. The spinning mechanism is flawless.

Thank you :P

Got mine today too. They are SSSOOOCOOL. Just kidding. They are sweet.

Mike

Mine arrived today. Great looking coins, with the smoothest spin I've ever seen. Well done. Thanks!

Mine arrived today. Great looking coins, with the smoothest spin I've ever seen. Well done. Thanks!

I second that!

Mine arrived today. Wow - what a great coin!! A job well done. Thanks.

Got mine also. They look superb, even better than I expected!

Thanks for the technical drawing and explaination of how it was engineered. The coins are beautiful and function flawlessly.

I was very impressed with mine. They just spin and spin forever!!! Very cool concept!

Thank you for your compliments, I am so glad that you like this coin. Enjoy the spinning and have fun!

We are back to work from the holidays! All outstanding orders have been shipped today. Future shipments will be on each Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Gon Hai Fat Choy and Happy New Year

sssooocool

Do you still have some left? I tried to order from the link that was posted here and was unsucessful.

We have received your order and shipped the order today, thank you.

If anyone has difficulty in ordering through our web posted #98 on this thread, please refer to

post #87 for an alternative route. Apologize for the inconvenience have caused to you.

We received the SPC geocoin a couple of days ago, and I have to say it's one of the coolest coins I've seen. I wish I could disassemble it without breaking it so I could figure out how it works. The mechanism works so smoothly. Great job!

--Marky

We received the SPC geocoin a couple of days ago, and I have to say it's one of the coolest coins I've seen. I wish I could disassemble it without breaking it so I could figure out how it works. The mechanism works so smoothly. Great job!

--Marky

Did you see post #123? :blink:

--Marky

Hi Marky,

Inside%20of%20SPCG-1.jpg

Inside%20of%20SPCG-2.jpg

sssooocool

Absolutely now up there as our new favourite coin - your r&d was most impressive and well worth the extrra cost to fulfil the design - and in light of the cost and time involved it is VERY good of you to share your "intellectual property" with others (was I the only one a little worried by the scratchy sounds made by the v1 decypher coin?).

PS - I haven't seen the matt enamel used before - is this a special type?

Edited by forthferalz

Very nice looking coin. Good Job! Very impressive. Unfotunately $18.00 including shipping is beyond my reach. Definitely have to put this one on my wish list. Maybe the gods will be kind to me and let me win a lottery or something.

Thank you for your good words. Yes, to compare a regular coin, $18 is high.

I like to win a lottery too and I hope your wish will come true soon before mine.

sssooocool :rolleyes:

Absolutely now up there as our new favourite coin - your r&d was most impressive and well worth the extrra cost to fulfil the design - and in light of the cost and time involved it is VERY good of you to share your "intellectual property" with others (was I the only one a little worried by the scratchy sounds made by the v1 decypher coin?).

PS - I haven't seen the matt enamel used before - is this a special type?

Thank you. As many of you who bought this coin said "This coin is better than I expected!", I just want to share with you my joy and luck.

The matt enamel is different but not special, just seldom people use it on a coin or else. You can see that I also use a translucent (I mean no color, clear) matt enamel on the gold coin to produce a two-tone gold shades.

Sssooocool

I received the coins today. They are absolutely beautiful. They are much bigger than I expected. I waited until I got home to play with them, but they work perfectly.

This is definitely a must have coin. I am glad I took advantage of the special pricing for two. Even though they are more expensive than most coins the money is definitely well spent.

Thank you.

I received the coins today. They are absolutely beautiful. They are much bigger than I expected. I waited until I got home to play with them, but they work perfectly.

This is definitely a must have coin. I am glad I took advantage of the special pricing for two. Even though they are more expensive than most coins the money is definitely well spent.

Thank you.

I am glad that you bought a pair, not only price is 2 dollars cheaper but also lower international postage.

Thank you.

sssooocool