South Pointing Chariot Geocoin <On Sale Now>

sssooocool

:yikes:

I had the pleasure of playing with a model of a south-pointing chariot at the Science Centre in Toronto a few years ago. The intricate multitude of gears that made it work were fascinating.

The coin art looks good. Might I suggest you invert the compass rose so that south is at the top, or at least place the primary marker on the south point?

:huh: I would love to have a few for my collection too. Let me know if you get it made and or post on here I would love to have it. Good luck in the making of it. Do you mind if I ask what program do you use to design it. I'm having problems in getting my stuff to do what I want and I have Adobe Illistrator.

Thank you,

Eagle618 :o tamis@mtaonline.net

I had the pleasure of playing with a model of a south-pointing chariot at the Science Centre in Toronto a few years ago. The intricate multitude of gears that made it work were fascinating.

The coin art looks good. Might I suggest you invert the compass rose so that south is at the top, or at least place the primary marker on the south point?

Thanks for your information sharing! ;) As for the other side of the coin, the man on the chariot is pointing at “south”, which is the Chinese character of SOUTH. To fit the original meaning of the "South Pointing Chariot", the compass should pointing to the south. However,this is not a real functioning compass but only a novelty just for fun. So I made this

SpinGeocoin-2.gif

Edited by sssooocool

Thanks for your information sharing! ;) As for the other side of the coin, the man on the chariot is pointing at “south”, which is the Chinese character of SOUTH. To fit the original meaning of the "South Pointing Chariot", the compass should pointing to the south. However,this is not a real functioning compass but only a novelty just for fun. So I made this

SpinGeocoin-2.gif

This coin deserves, nay, *requires* an animated icon.

Let me know if you need help making one...

Unless they changed the rules again, animated icons are not allowed.

So how did the world traveller get one?

Anyway sent an email - we'd definitely like one (prefer to trade) Thanks for the lesson! geocoins are sooo educational - found links to lego plans ( we'll have to make a model for our local science centre )

since we live in southern hemisphere this is how we would like a compass rose drawn :rolleyes:

Unless they changed the rules again, animated icons are not allowed.

So how did the world traveller get one?

The rules were changed after it was in place.

Sorry i meant something like "so what do we do toget them to change the rules again? " Squeaky wheels get oiled- we are the customer ( I get nothing but a sense of community from premium status), a moving gif isthe same size as anyother icon? - animated icon petition....sign below:-

Hi chrisgun,

Some members want to have few for trade. I can tell them to contact with you

Hi all,

Thanks for you guys are interested in “South Pointing Chariot Geocoin” and that really makes me want to fulfill this geocoin. I already discuss with minter and they are going to make a sample for it. I have to wait until minter gives me the sample and analysis that they have no problem on production because it’s new idea and design (SPIN) for both of us. To make sure this kind of geocoin is ok for goecaching, I mail my design to Bryan on 10/25 for preview but did not get his reply yet. I am a little worried that he might not get my mail so I send him again on 11/3. Hope to get feedback by him soon. I will post status once I get reply !

Edited by sssooocool

I noticed that there's a custom icon now posted for the South Pointing Chariot in the all geocoins icon list. Does this mean you've gone to mint? Have I missed a chance to get a couple of these?

No, you did not miss the chance at all. After several modifications on the mold, I finally got the final sample yesterday and put into production. It is estimated to complete in a month, and in due time I will notify those who responded to this topic individually. Thank you all for your patience. :(

Please see the picture of the sample in below:

sssooocool

SPCG.jpg