Glass coin ?

kateweb

I been pondeing a similar trackable coin.

How bout a trackable personal Stone GEOcoin.

For examples,I have Petrified wood(very limited).

I have some Montana Picture Stone,Red.

I have several different types of Agate.

Geoids,Missouri green picture stone,some that looks like Jade.

I have been thinkig about it for a long while but now that winter is near I can fire up the Big Diamond saw and start work if there is enough interest.

I would be interested in a trade.

I guarantee them to be hard as a rock.

My other 1/2 does glass & we have talked ALOT about this and have even made a few personal coins of copper washers with a stamped in Whitebear & a # with a glass paw print bead melted (fused)into the centre in the kiln.

the coin we had discussed was using small pieces of dicroic glass to form the geocaching symbol and then fusing it onto a round glass blank

that way the other side could have a tracking number etched or sandblasted in it....it is possible to do if it was ever approved(would be very labour intensive)

My other 1/2 does glass & we have talked ALOT about this and have even made a few personal coins of copper washers with a stamped in Whitebear & a # with a glass paw print bead melted (fused)into the centre in the kiln.

the coin we had discussed was using small pieces of dicroic glass to form the geocaching symbol and then fusing it onto a round glass blank

that way the other side could have a tracking number etched or sandblasted in it....it is possible to do if it was ever approved(would be very labour intensive)

But it will be oh so cool :(

yes i thought about the gold pen but it seemed a bit extravagant and it won't fire without a glass top face side down. It was the text that was the biggest problem.

How fine is the tip - have you got a min. width? the artist recommended the engraving method which works into glass after firing as well at least for tracking numbers.

here's what came outof the kiln yesterday. 1.25 inches on longside the image is not round after firing so it needs to be a bit bigger

glass-coin-lineup.png

Edited by forthferalz

hi - dropped off a couple to Cheesey pigs at an event few weeks back so i could get some perspective on the things before billing those who have bravely volunteered their funds - well recieved by those who saw them :0 so those on my list will get billed this week. edit - investors don't panic the thing isn't due for like 2-3 weeks

There was still one major production issue i had to solve to get the quality up from 'homemade' to 'handmade' without adding appallingly to cost. Getting the costing right will be the next main issue in order to make it a coin with a real chance of travelling and as that will likely have to involve a preorder the production has to be something i can trust - and we'll only know that after the final test batch.

also hit by a couple of 'lifes waves'.... but hope floats eh?

Edited by forthferalz