Canadian Geocaching Permit

slippery_1

You sell those? Sheesh!

For those who are interested, here are the ones I made that I give away for free:

Canada

http://www.geocaching-qc.com/images/d/d2/AVDPermitCA.jpg

Quebec

http://www.geocaching-qc.com/images/4/4b/AVDPermitQC.jpg

Oh wait, that was critisizm wasn't it....

Why is it some poeple can't resist commenting on issues when they have no intention of making things better

COG joked about selling those at one point in time.

Well, this one is for the Manitoba Geocaching Association. Someone suggested it as an idea, and it was an easy one to realize. I put the image together, and added it to our Cafe Press shop -- the MBGA gets a whole dollar for each sale. I did see AV's design, but only after creating the posted image.

The main idea was to print up a few dozen permits and sell them to our members for $2.00 or $3.00 each. The sticker at CP was added so that if others outside the MBGA were interested, we wouldn't have to deal with shipping. And a couple of micro cache labels were added to pad it out.

If people want to make their own, it's an easy project, but having a single vinyl sticker printed will cost $5-$10. Or they can buy this one online for C$7.80 or so.

grnbrg.

You sell those? Sheesh!

For those who are interested, here are the ones I made that I give away for free:

Canada

Quebec

Those are so :) . Do you want to trade for some Canadian Cacher cache stickers? PUHLEEZE AV ;). I know some friends here who would love to find those in caches. I can see it on the back of the Jeep already, and maybe that would inspire me to wash it more often ;):)

You sell those? Sheesh!

Canada

Quebec

Those are so ;) . Do you want to trade for some Canadian Cacher cache stickers? PUHLEEZE AV ;). I know some friends here who would love to find those in caches. I can see it on the back of the Jeep already, and maybe that would inspire me to wash it more often :):)

I'm out right now, my last batch went away at the last event cache, but as soon as I have more made I will send you an email. :)

You sell those? Sheesh!

Canada

Quebec

Oh wait, that was critisizm wasn't it....

Why is it some poeple can't resist commenting on issues when they have no intention of making things better

The way I see it, he DID make things better. He took your suggestion of selling the permits and made it BETTER by giving them away for free.

You're obviously the one who couldn't resist the temptation to comment on HIS issue but did NOTHING to make it better.

Me? I couldn't resist the urge to comment to point out the LACK of logic in your comment and the LESS THAN NICE nature in which it was posted. I'm making THINGS BETTER by helping to clarify who is doing what to whom. I do so because pointing out UNCIVIL NATURE is what I do. I'm a real sweetheart that way.

To RECAP:

1) You want to SELL

2) What he gives away for FREE

3) Whom you INSULT

4) On which I spot hypocrisy.

Making the world a better place, I remain your play-by-play man, Bill. :huh::D:D

Thats clever stuff Bill...

However i would have to disagree...if your too cheap to pay money for a sticker thats ok..UNCIVIL NATURE is giving away for free what the person across from you is trying to sell.

And you Bill are clearly the one who cant resist commenting on issues when you have no intention of making things better..

I find YOUR LACK of logic disturbing..It seems as tho you want to Villianize someone for no reason

So to RECAP:

1)Your CHEAP

2)And you want it for FREE

3)So you INSULT the guy who sells it

4)On which I spot Hypocrisy

Like i said...you want it for free, Thats Fine but dont try and burn the guy selling them..if people dont like them they wont buy them...if you do like them...A service is being provided

BTW last time i check the bayou wasnt in canada...

WOW... all this for a sticker. I seen so much of this on this and other forums. There is nothing wrong with selling something for a small profit, even something like this that can be made. Some people do not have the tallent or time to create an item, so this might be a service to them. I have seen geocache stenciles for sale along with the printable version (free) for the people who have the time and craftyness to cut them out themselves. I've seen forum posts on prices of geocoins and cachers cutting them down because they thought the cost was too high. Now the way I see it is..... If a groop or individual wants to sell something, and someone wants to buy it, they will.... the rest who like the idea, and have the ability to create it themselves will. I have no problem spending $5.00 on something that I might be able to make myself, especially when I know the profits are going to a groop that can educate geocachers on ethics in the field. Hats off to the MBGA and there education programs that they have for the members and newbies.

There is my 2 cents....

They are just for fun, though I do have one sitting on my dash in view, had a police oficer looking at my vehicle one night, must have seen it, because when I returned to my truck he simply asked if I'd been caching, and I said yes. Then showed him the GPS and the waymark for the nearby cache. He seemed quite happy with that and said to 'play safe'. I'm guessing he must know more about caching then what I told him.

I guess it's a bit of an identifier for those in law enforcement that know, let's face it, if I'm out night caching, I generally have a bunch of lights sitting in the vehicle, papers around, sometimes a camera (try to keep it out of sight though.) I'm sure that some would easily guess that we're up to no good......

Greywynd

BTW last time i check the bayou wasnt in canada...
Missed this comment. This is an international web site. There are no forum guidelines that say that you can only post in the forum for the area you live in. I wonder if you noticed who published your cache? (Which appears to be missing, by the way.)

greywynd's post is a really good one. While they hold no official context (and I don't use one in my car), so many law enforcement officers have now heard of geocaching that it can help them identify what you are doing. One came over to me a couple of weeks ago as I looked for a cache. He asked what I was doing and I just said "geocaching" very matter of fact like. He said "Ah" and then offered to help me find it. He actually found it first. :blink:

My Log

It seems a little piece of vinyl has created some interesting discussions, some productive and others well lets say less than flattering.

The orriginal intent was to provide others a Novel item to identify themselves, express thier passion to the game and to be availible as swag as well.

All this while trying to provide some coin to our Provincial Association in small amounts, because nobody is going to get rich off this idea at all.

By demeaning others we bring down our entire community by displaying less than flattering opinions about others ideas. Instead we should say good luck have fun. Even if we don't agree, then we shouldn't be so openly critical of others ideas.

I hope everyone takes this and makes it their own idea, or buys from us as a novelty item to at the very least give away.

I will absolutely not be responding to any more of this, and I hope this puts this to rest...it was an item which it's sole intent was fun.

It seems a little piece of vinyl has created some interesting discussions, some productive and others well lets say less than flattering.

The orriginal intent was to provide others a Novel item to identify themselves, express thier passion to the game and to be availible as swag as well.

All this while trying to provide some coin to our Provincial Association in small amounts, because nobody is going to get rich off this idea at all.

By demeaning others we bring down our entire community by displaying less than flattering opinions about others ideas. Instead we should say good luck have fun. Even if we don't agree, then we shouldn't be so openly critical of others ideas.

I hope everyone takes this and makes it their own idea, or buys from us as a novelty item to at the very least give away.

I will absolutely not be responding to any more of this, and I hope this puts this to rest...it was an item which it's sole intent was fun.

I think the 'permits' licenses etc are a great novelty, kind of like a membership card. Unfortunately, I think (myself included) a lot of us thought you were simply an individual trying to make a buck, no where in your post or the ad does it say 'proceeds to ______ Geocaching assocation" I don't believe I said anything that you should have taken offense to, but if I did I apologize.

Greywynd

Though I have been geocaching since 2004, my "tadpole" status shows my lack of interest in these forums, which are caused by a lack of maturity and respect by many. Slipery, I like your permit. And at $3.50 folks shouldn't be flying off the handle. We tip our waitresses more then that. AV Design, I like yours as well. And at your low price of "free", that's almost the same price as Slipery's. You can't buy a beer in a bar in my neck of the woods for that price. Relax, folks.