Weekend Shootout 2?

Criminal

Is there any interest in another shootout down in the pit near McCleary?

I was thinking of Sunday the 16th of Feb, and was hoping IronMaiden might even throw us an event.

The pit is actually underwater right now so we’d have to shoot in a different direction than last time, and it’ll be tighter quarters. There should be plenty of room though.

Chime in.

I've been down there several times since the last Shootout, even found Curmudgenly Gal there one time. You weren't lying about it being underwater, probably about 6 feet deep the last time I was there. Almost to the top of that hill in the middle. I think they may have opened up a spring or something when they bulldozed that new area.

I'm not sure I can make the weekend of Feb 18 - it's the state high school wrestling tournament weekend I think. If we do it a day I can make it, bring some .223 ammo and I'll bring along the CAR 15 again. I think a BBQ may also be required. :D

[Yo be diggin' the Ruger: 20398-1.jpg

.454 casull or .45? (guess it could be .44 or .480)

In any case thats gotta be a bear (pardon the pun) to shoot with normal loads.

Speaking of, Geo Ho bought me a metallic reloading setup for my b-day.

I got it in .44 Mag. I think the 454 would end up impaled in my forhead.

It was COLD today! The group was small but the shooting was hot. I wanted to try out my new trail gun, a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .44 Magnum so …The Girl and I headed down to the pit to give it a go. The sun popped out just long enough for the shooting and the rain began as we were walking back to the cars. Squarebear and Pink Pachyderm showed up, and later MisguidedOne surprised us. IronMan and IronMaiden showed up as well, and we all punched holes in the bowling pins. Team Squarebear headed out for the long drive back north and shortly after that we all headed out. …The Girl and I headed to pizza and beer at The Rock in Lacy with Ironman & Maiden.

It was a terrific afternoon and when it warms up we need to get another big group together. I didn’t take a lot of pictures but here are a few:

a9d0069f-dbdf-4931-858c-ca8c57a25c9b.jpg

e9ec2843-f5fd-4070-9ff5-307fd294890c.jpg

b92b452a-5ee6-472e-9a85-7c07baf22d91.jpg

726dfba6-7f28-4415-a404-59d77aee8616.jpg

dcd5917b-dc7c-4b97-b01c-1e44f171dae0.jpg

0d1908d8-3f6d-407f-8bbd-41d72826512b.jpg

Edited by Criminal

Thanks for the pictures. We have been to that pit and found a cache there a few years back. Our son from Alaska bought us a Walther 5 inch P22 for Christmas. We want to take a gun safety course and the special one day one for the wife. It also has a laser beam attached.

Since I have lost three of four tendons attached to the Roto-cuff I may have a problem in shooting the gun. Good thing it is only a 22 as I could not handle the recoil of a larger caliber. Haven't shot a hand gun since WWII. If we get our act together we will join you doing your summer shoot. Thanks Dick and Arlene

Thanks for the pictures. We have been to that pit and found a cache there a few years back. Our son from Alaska bought us a Walther 5 inch P22 for Christmas. We want to take a gun safety course and the special one day one for the wife. It also has a laser beam attached.

Since I have lost three of four tendons attached to the Roto-cuff I may have a problem in shooting the gun. Good thing it is only a 22 as I could not handle the recoil of a larger caliber. Haven't shot a hand gun since WWII. If we get our act together we will join you doing your summer shoot. Thanks Dick and Arlene

I have a Walther P22 with the long and short barrel. It doesn't weigh much and being a 22 has virtually no recoil, a real fun gun to plink with.

I'm looking forward to the next shootout.

I've been wanting to post here all week but it's been nothing but late nights and exhaustion since I got back. Criminal and I had a great time shooting with everyone last weekend. I'm sorry Allanon and Mopar couldn't make it. Mopar had a good excuse what with being on the other coast and all ... but, Allanon, really? ... busy? What could possibly be more important than shooting with fun friends? :P I enjoyed Crim's new .44 immensely and my hand didn't even bruise! Like (almost) everyone else, I left the camera in the car so I have no pics of the event. :rolleyes: It was good seeing familiar faces and I enjoyed meeting a few new ones. Lunch was much fun, thanks to Team Iron for coming along!

Thanks to everyone for coming out and making it a fun afternoon!