Audit Log

I decided to hide a members only cache a year or so ago! It was quiet a while before I figured out that I could read an audit log!

The cache is a Mystery, but isn't very hard to solve. I sometimes enjoy going and checking out the log, comparing who has looked at the page, and how many times they have checked it out with who has found the cache!

Some people check out the cache many times, I just keep wandering when they are going to find it.

Does anyone else use this feature? Just wandering?

I decided to hide a members only cache a year or so ago! It was quiet a while before I figured out that I could read an audit log!

The cache is a Mystery, but isn't very hard to solve. I sometimes enjoy going and checking out the log, comparing who has looked at the page, and how many times they have checked it out with who has found the cache!

Some people check out the cache many times, I just keep wandering when they are going to find it.

Does anyone else use this feature? Just wandering?

We own a great many PMO caches, and so, one of the benefits which we get to enjoy (aside from the free air travel to Paris and the free dinners on the Riviera) is audit logs. I must say that I love audit logs! I love to read them -- particularly for our more extreme Psycho Urban Caches -- and see the lists of people who have visited the cache listing page twenty, thirty or fourty times, and from all over the world! I particularly enjoy seeing past finders coming back to the page again and again to enjoy the listing! Indeed, some of our Psycho Urban caches seem to get at least a few visitors per day, and often twenty or thrity per day, for many months on end! ;)

Do you think that it is socially acceptable to have caches published MOC and then allow a premium member the FTF and then open it up to everybody?

I have used the audit log before. It is neat to see several people view the page around the same time and then see who gets there first. The audit logs have gotten a little boring lately with people downloading waypoints in bulk now, because someone finds my cache and in the end they only viewed the page a total of one time....and that one time was to log the find.

Okay - how do you look at an audit log? Inquiring minds want to know!

Go to Edit listing and turn one of your caches into a members only. When you update and view the cache page in the upper left corner under the cache name will be a line that says Read the Audit Log. Click on it and all the people that have looked at the cache page will be there including the last time they looked at it.

I do this to all of my caches. When they have been out there a while I then allow everyone to see. Some I keep as members only.

:laughing:

Okay - how do you look at an audit log? Inquiring minds want to know!

Go to Edit listing and turn one of your caches into a members only. When you update and view the cache page in the upper left corner under the cache name will be a line that says Read the Audit Log. Click on it and all the people that have looked at the cache page will be there including the last time they looked at it.

I do this to all of my caches. When they have been out there a while I then allow everyone to see. Some I keep as members only.

:laughing:

Oh, I have to make it a MOC? :D Never mind. I want to see, but not at the risk of driving people away from looking for the cache. Ah well! Thanks!

I don't make all my caches MOCs but I wanted to try it out and see what it was like! Im thinking about hiding another one, kind of a sequel to my first one! No harm intended, although I do think it is good that members love our sport enough to pay into it in order to keep it going! Its nice to have a little reward for them sometimes!