Pocket Query

dr.clean

A complete set of 5 pocket queries I received today have all been blocked from downloading. These queries have been running successfully for almost 2 years without incident before this. They are zipped, sent to a hotmail account, and opened on Live Messenger. The error message below is from one of the files:

"Name of File 226299.zip

Virus Scan Result Unknown virus scanner failure Virus Found

Note: There is no cure available for the virus on the file 226299.zip

It is not possible to download files from Hotmail that contain incurable viruses. Contact the originator of the file, inform them that the file contains a virus, and ask them to send a virus-free version of the file.

Name of File 226299.zip

Virus Scan Result Unknown virus scanner failure Virus Found

Note: There is no cure available for the virus on the file 226299.zip"

It is not possible to download files from Hotmail that contain incurable viruses. Contact the originator of the file, inform them that the file contains a virus, and ask them to send a virus-free version of the file.

Any suggestions? ;)

Hmmm...... just downloaded the queries using Outlook Express, then scanned for viruses. No viruses found, looks like Messenger Live is creating the issue.

I would be very, very surprised if a virus found its way into a pocket query file. I'm protected to the hilt against viruses and other nasties, and pocket queries have never been a problem for me. Most likely this is a false alarm caused by a faulty or overly-picky virus-detection algorithm in Messenger Live.

--Larry