TNLN, TNLNSL, SL TFTC ?

hdandsk

ok, being a fairly new GEO Cacher, i'm sure to take some heat for this, but when reading peoples logs, I see these characters at the end of peoples logs quite often.

What do they mean? I tried deciphering them using the "key" for hints and it doesn't make any sense.

I'm pretty computer savvy and know a lot of these things (BTW - By The Way etc... but I've never seen these before.

Help please........Thank you in advance.

TNLN

SL TFTC

TFTC

TNLNSL

ok, being a fairly new GEO Cacher, i'm sure to take some heat for this, but when reading peoples logs, I see these characters at the end of peoples logs quite often.

What do they mean? I tried deciphering them using the "key" for hints and it doesn't make any sense.

I'm pretty computer savvy and know a lot of these things (BTW - By The Way etc... but I've never seen these before.

TNLN

SL TFTC

TFTC

TNLNSL

Took nothing left nothing

Sign log Thanks for the cache

Thanks for the cache

Took nothing left nothing Sign log ;)

:ph34r:

TNLN

SL TFTC

TFTC

TNLNSL

took nothing left nothing :)

signed log thanks for the cache

took nothing left nothing signed log

On a similar note, if those acronyms are all you see on cache logs, it could mean you have a less than memorable cache. :unsure:

Or the individual elects not to honor the time and effort put forth by the cache owner and simply throws down a perfunctory entry.

The logger may have difficulty putting thoughts into text. Or just got off a power trail and has 9,999 logs to enter.

The logger may have difficulty putting thoughts into text. Or just got off a power trail and has 9,999 logs to enter.

If I just got off 9,999 caches, logging them would be the last thing on my mind (tied with everything else but sleep)

Recently off a power trail and your comment is sooooooo accurate

I love the license plates!!!! My husband keeps trying to convince me to get "GPSgrrl" as my license plate. I told him, "What if you were driving the car? What would people think?"

I did think about getting "GERR" as my license plate though... I mean heck, I like trees. :unsure:

I love the license plates!!!! My husband keeps trying to convince me to get "GPSgrrl" as my license plate. I told him, "What if you were driving the car? What would people think?"

I did think about getting "GERR" as my license plate though... I mean heck, I like trees. :unsure:

I think that GPSGRRL would be a whole lot better for your license plate than NYMPH.

I think that GPSGRRL would be a whole lot better for your license plate than NYMPH.

I dunno 'bout that. It is Mayfly time, ya know! ;)

KLH (Southern Kansas Light House) which can applied to any of us Midwest states that don't have a light house withing 100s of miles.

I don't get that one?

Should have been SKLH. It's the same thing as LPC, but to give it a twist. Don't really like it, but I have seen it several times. Had to ask the cache owner the first time what he was talking about.

It means..

Took nothing left nothing

signed log

took nothing left nothing signed log

Thank you.

The OP asked the question in 2007 and hasn't logged in to the web site since 2009, so I figured somebody ought to thank you. :lol::lol:

And it isn't even April 1st. :laughing: Where are the Hamsters :blink:

I copy/pasted this excerpt from my Always Lame tutorial cache:

"Results

If you see a high percentage of single sentence find logs on your cache page, that is a fairly reasonable indicator that your cache may be suffering from a lack of ingenuity. This trend becomes more pronounced if you see a lot of "TNLNSL" entries. At that point, your cache has reached a lameness critical mass, and should probably be put out of its misery."

:P:lol::laughing::anitongue:

Edited by Clan Riffster

If I just got off 9,999 caches, logging them would be the last thing on my mind (tied with everything else but sleep)

Must get one more.......just one.......then passes out.....