Magellan 500 POIs

Can anyone help me.

I'm able to load pocket query geocaches to my explorist using Magellan's Geocache Manager.

However, the extra waypoints (parking, etc.), aren't loading into my POI file on the GPSr. They show on the computer screen as being in that file, but they don't show up in the GPS. The curious thing is it was working for me, and I don't know what I changed.

I think there was a forum thread addressing this, but I can't locate it again.

Thanks very much.

Geocache Manager will write a .gs file of up to 200 Geocache POIs per file. If you try to send more than 200 POIs (including the parking coords, etc.) to your Explorist, GM will happily send them but it's like a pitcher happy to pour as much water as you would like into an overflowing glass.

If you get a 500 POI PQ, you will need to break it down into smaller files to ensure you don't exceed the 200 limit.

In MGM, I click that I want to transfer the waypoints. When I'm asked where I want to save them, I go to the POI file and save them there.

With Geocache waypoints, I follow the same procedure, but save them in the 'Geocaches' file. These show up.

I remember forum comments about the geocache files needing to be '.gs' files, and POI files must be '.upt' files. I'm wondering if I'm needing to change the file type, and where to do that.

Roddy, look at the procedures in the FAQs in my sig line (got your PM).

Tangerineman, the Geocache Manager manages geocaches. It only writes .gs files, and a .gs file in the My POIs folder won't be recognized...only .upt files.

You'll need to use something else to create regular POIs from a gpx file. GSAK does this, and I think EasyGPS does as well (not sure on that).