Geosquid's stolen plate turns up on the net.

Zartimus

Posted from the Canada forums(link below)

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=154828

Funny story in my local paper. Always cool to see some geocacher I know staring back at me from the 3rd page of the Ottawa Sun.

This geocacher down here got a custom plate for his cache-mobile. It's his geocaching name. Some roving pack of muggles thought it was so cool, they decided to steal it for a scavanger hunt. Then they went and posted the pic online. And then the geocacher, who happens to be a comp.sec expert tracks it down via a hit on his blog..

Stupid frickin people. The girl who took the pic is right cute though(she's not in the pic, but her profile blog pic is awsome)...

x1pjzf2ryhxrwhlko3ejx9mop5gkoy2av76hwnaj.jpg

Stupid, stupid muggles. Next time you steal someone's plate, make sure it ain't a geocacher. Our skillsets scare.

This goes to reinforce what many of us in law enforcement always say. We only catch the dumb ones. Thank God there's so many.

Just curious, does anybody know if Geosquid got his $100 back, or if these nimrods were ever prosecuted?

By the way, Geosquids Kung Fu is very strong.

Edited by mikeslomka

-----snip------------

Just curious, does anybody know if Geosquid got his $100 back, or if these nimrods were ever prosecuted?

--------snip------------

Nay prosecution, yay $100 plus mucho embarassment.

All is well. Got to meet a bunch of them, and they paid up. They looked pretty humble too.

In Ontario, you own your plates and are responsible for registering them as attached or not attached to a vehicle.

Happy ending. I'd love to know what happened to the original plate, maybe tossed in a dumpster?