PQ are Days behind

sweetlife

Not sure on the PQ's....but I know that emails from GC in general were working a little rusty, but the folks at Groundspeak have been working on it and it seems to be moving along now. I'm supposed to be getting a PQ this Tuesday so I hope it doesn't come late. I'm thinking I'm gonna move it to tomarrow so that I can get a cushion in case something does happen.

The Pocket Query generator places a higher priority on queries that have never run before, or which have not run for a long time. If your PQ ran on Wednesday, it may never run at all on Thursday or Friday, because so many other queries run that day.

If you need to have current data from Friday, then either skip a few days in the middle of the week, or else make a copy of the first query and schedule the copy to run only on Fridays. A weekly PQ will have a higher priority than a daily PQ.

I always ask for my PQs to be run just before I head out on a cache run and almost always get them inside of 5 minutes. Like today - requested it and had it in my inbox inside of 3 minutes. I make sure none of them have a checkmark for anyday. I just save them and use them when needed. As Keystone said, mine were given high priority because they hadn't been run in a few weeks. Your daily ones had bottom of the barrell priority because they were run just the day before.

Ask yourself, do you really NEED to get that data each and every day??

I saw where someone at Groundspeak said they were aware of the Charter problem-- have they gotten any closer to solving it? I really don't want to keep using a Yahoo account, but I don't want to run the risk of losing any more of my PQs to Charter. (They've also managed to thoroughly screw up all my other email, as well. I'm not getting any at all now.) B)

I saw where someone at Groundspeak said they were aware of the Charter problem-- have they gotten any closer to solving it?

Charter is still having issues. I've called Charter a dozen times and left many messages with their Email & Web Operations team and have never received a callback. At this point, there's nothing else we can do about Charter. Unfortunately, you'll have to use another email service if you want to reliably receive email from us.

:laughing: Elias

I saw where someone at Groundspeak said they were aware of the Charter problem-- have they gotten any closer to solving it? I really don't want to keep using a Yahoo account, but I don't want to run the risk of losing any more of my PQs to Charter. (They've also managed to thoroughly screw up all my other email, as well. I'm not getting any at all now.) :D

Many people have dedicated one email address to our geocaching communication. I use gmail for this and really like it. If you want a gmail invite, send me an email and I'll send you one.

I've noticed erratic delivery of pocket queries lately. I usually always get them within minutes. Lately they may show up right away or not show up for hours. I can request one in the morning but not get it until evening, regardless of when I last requested that one or another one. If I want current info, I now am requesting PQs at least a day in advance so that I'll have them when I go hunting. If I wait, I may not get it until that night. This is a very recent problem, before they always came within minutes. I am assuming this is a temporary thing since it's recent and not the norm. The other thing I've noticed is that a few times I've only gotten the waypoints and nothing else. Run the same PQ again and get everything as usual.

I've run into some problems with pocket queries through charter too. This sucks....

I had to get a laptop so I could access the forums her (Mac would keep shutting down in the forums), had to stop using IE7 to get to see photos in logs, and now I have to get another email address to get email from gc.com. Not feeling that my $30 were well spent at this point.

Just crabbing, not really griping. I'll get over it. Right now I'm off to get a new email....

Bec

I've run into some problems with pocket queries through charter too. This sucks....

I had to get a laptop so I could access the forums her (Mac would keep shutting down in the forums), had to stop using IE7 to get to see photos in logs, and now I have to get another email address to get email from gc.com. Not feeling that my $30 were well spent at this point.

Just crabbing, not really griping. I'll get over it. Right now I'm off to get a new email....

Bec

Bec, I know you're just venting, but none of those problems seems to be Grounspeak's fault.

There are lots of other Mac users (at least 3 or 4! heh) who use the forums fine. The real gripe should be the lack of Mac software and maps.

IE7 has so many issues with so many different websites it's not even funny.

The charter problem sounds like it's on their end. Nothing anyone else can do except keep asking them to fix it.

Bec

Bec, I know you're just venting, but none of those problems seems to be Grounspeak's fault.

There are lots of other Mac users (at least 3 or 4! heh) who use the forums fine. The real gripe should be the lack of Mac software and maps.

IE7 has so many issues with so many different websites it's not even funny.

The charter problem sounds like it's on their end. Nothing anyone else can do except keep asking them to fix it.

I know -- just had to whine a little....just hoping for some giant cyber-bandaid to make it all right.

Bec