How to get red and blue US map for profile page?

camnpete

This is not a feature of the Geocaching.com website. You need to use a third party solution, and copy or feed an image to your profile. I use the It's Not About the Numbers website to provide me with national and state maps that are color-coded to show how many caches I've found in a state or county. See my profile for details.

There are other solutions available, but I like this one because it's color-coded for my cache finds, and the work is done automatically rather than manually.

This is not a feature of the Geocaching.com website. You need to use a third party solution, and copy or feed an image to your profile. I use the It's Not About the Numbers website to provide me with national and state maps that are color-coded to show how many caches I've found in a state or county. See my profile for details.

There are other solutions available, but I like this one because it's color-coded for my cache finds, and the work is done automatically rather than manually.

Hi Leprechauns,

I tried using "It's not about the numbers" but keep getting the following error message.."The file you tried to upload was not a zip file. Please upload the file you get from Groundspeak directly without uncompressing it first." I don't think I'm decompressing the file, but maybe I am. Any suggestions? Thanks, Pete

Hi Leprechauns,

I tried using "It's not about the numbers" but keep getting the following error message.."The file you tried to upload was not a zip file. Please upload the file you get from Groundspeak directly without uncompressing it first." I don't think I'm decompressing the file, but maybe I am. Any suggestions? Thanks, Pete

Make sure that you just save the file directly to your computer. Don't even change the name.

Hi Leprechauns,

Make sure that you just save the file directly to your computer. Don't even change the name.

I get two files from my pocket query...893125 and 893125-wpts. Which one should I download. Also, do I need to log onto the "It's not about the numbers" website? It asks for an "INATN" password...I have no idea what that is. Thanks for all your help. Pete

Hi Leprechauns,

I get two files from my pocket query...893125 and 893125-wpts. Which one should I download. Also, do I need to log onto the "It's not about the numbers" website? It asks for an "INATN" password...I have no idea what that is. Thanks for all your help. Pete

I think that the wpts are the additional waypoints like parking and stuff.

When you get the email, it should have an attachment. Just one, because the extra waypoints should be included. Don't open it. Just save it. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never gotten 2 pocket queries like that. The second one only appears when I put it into GSAK.

The password is whatever you like, you type it in when you upload the pq. You shouldn't have to mess with that again. It is mentioned in the blog that you can link to in the front page that discusses the website.

ive got a link to where i got mine in my profile under the map or maybe right above itsone of them

Please, for the love of all that's sweet, please use capitalization and punctuation and spaces! B) I always have a hard time understanding you, and I want to hear what you have to say. B)

ive got a link to where i got mine in my profile under the map or maybe right above itsone of them

Please, for the love of all that's sweet, please use capitalization and punctuation and spaces! B) I always have a hard time understanding you, and I want to hear what you have to say. B)

I give up. When I browse on the "It's not about the numbers" web site I have to open the .zip file (because there are two files in that folder... xxxxxx and xxxxxx-wpts) and I select the xxxxxx file. That turns out to be a .gpx file that the web site can't load. If I simply change the suffix to .zip it appears to work, but none of the stats are valid...as if the successful download was empty.

I'll keep trying. Thanks to everyone for your help. Pete

I give up. When I browse on the "It's not about the numbers" web site I have to open the .zip file (because there are two files in that folder... xxxxxx and xxxxxx-wpts) and I select the xxxxxx file. That turns out to be a .gpx file that the web site can't load. If I simply change the suffix to .zip it appears to work, but none of the stats are valid...as if the successful download was empty.

I'll keep trying. Thanks to everyone for your help. Pete

Do *not* open the zip file and upload a GPX file. Upload the raw zip, just the way you saved it from your e-mail. The file should have a name like 123456.zip. More than 2,000 people have done this and are enjoying the site. I'd be happy if you joined them!

I ended up using http://douweosinga.com/projects/visitedstates. I continued to have the problem of the zip file sent by my Pocket Query appears to be saved in a folder. When I use the browse button on "Its' not aboutr the numbers" it goes to 'my documents' and shows the folder but forces me to open the folder and select either the xxxxxx or xxxxxx-wpts file before it will let me submit. So I've got what I was looking for, and again I appreciate all of the help. Pete of Camnpete

camnpete - it sounds like a simple issue.

Look at your PQ page and see if you checked the box right above the submit button that says "Compress files into *.zip format (recommended)". You need to do this to get the file in the zip format.

Then all should work fine.

camnpete - it sounds like a simple issue.

Look at your PQ page and see if you checked the box right above the submit button that says "Compress files into *.zip format (recommended)". You need to do this to get the file in the zip format.

Then all should work fine.

If they're doing the "My Finds" PQ that INATN requires, however, it will always come as a zip file.

I've sent camnpete a message with detailed instructions.