how do I find my password?

morrisfour

OK, so we use Safari as our browser. It remembers passwords fo rus and logs us is.

But now, I want to log into the new Waymarking page. And it wants that password. Which we can't remember!!!

And, we can't figure out how to get geocaching.com to email it to us.

Help!!!

OK, so we use Safari as our browser. It remembers passwords fo rus and logs us is.

But now, I want to log into the new Waymarking page. And it wants that password. Which we can't remember!!!

And, we can't figure out how to get geocaching.com to email it to us.

Help!!!

I never rely on browsers as the master repository of my passwords. Too many times I've had to do re-installs from scratch, because something's become corrupted, and all the passwords are lost.

I know it's no help right now, but password retrieval is a snap in Firefox, as long as you haven't forgotten your master password.

Edited by Prime Suspect

You can also retrieve the password with Keychain Access. Safari stores that information into your keychain.

Cheers,

OH2TH

This is one reason to always use an email account you have control over, such as a free web email account from a big company like Yahoo or Google.

If you are unlucky enough to use your company's email <b>and</b> no longer work for them <b>and</b> forget your password you are SUNK.

This is one reason to always use an email account you have control over, such as a free web email account from a big company like Yahoo or Google.

My first Gmail account is completely inaccessible, due to a file corruption that Google could not repair. All that mail (and any mail subsequently sent to it) is now lost.

Don't rely on anything other than local backups.