Magellan Explorist 600 Pocket Queries

Crpnter1

I have an Explorist 600 that I FINALLY took the time to start uploading those pocket queries onto. When I save individual queries in my Geocache folder, they of course come up as individual files. You can only have ONE file selected as a default in "active setup" to have the caches show up on the map.

For example, I have one pocket query for 100 caches from my home coords and another for a separate area that I will be visiting this weekend. I can only choose between one or the other to be active on my map. Any way possible to combine the 2 so that both are visible simultaneously?

ANother question is that I tried to upload a 500 cache query and it said that some info could not be read due to amount of info. Can a larger query be uploaded in *loc than in *GPX?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

You can display one regular POI file and one Geocache POI file at a time via Active Setup. A regular POI file can have up to 500 POIs (although only 200 of them can have comments), a Geocache POI file can have up to 200 POIs.

So you could combine your two 100 geocache POIs into a single file to see all of them. Or, you could save one of the files as a regular POI file, and show both files at the same time.

Your 500 cache PQ will be like water spilling over a full cup if you try to save all of them in a 200 POI file. You would have to break that into smaller, separate files.

GSAK is a nice tool to facilitate these sorts of things.

You can display one regular POI file and one Geocache POI file at a time via Active Setup. A regular POI file can have up to 500 POIs (although only 200 of them can have comments), a Geocache POI file can have up to 200 POIs.

So you could combine your two 100 geocache POIs into a single file to see all of them. Or, you could save one of the files as a regular POI file, and show both files at the same time.

Your 500 cache PQ will be like water spilling over a full cup if you try to save all of them in a 200 POI file. You would have to break that into smaller, separate files.

GSAK is a nice tool to facilitate these sorts of things.

Ok, but if I try to save my *GPX files in my POI folder, it won't come up on my map. Can it be done in *LOC format? If I had 500 *LOC files that came up as poi's and it at least showed me the waypoint of the cache, I can look up the entire cache page on my Palm anyways.

Perhaps this answers my question about my Explorist 500.

I downloaded a Pocket Query with 400 caches. When Activating that file, I get a message saying:

"Some Geocache data can't be read due to size limitation"

Is this to tell me that some caches are getting bumped out because there are too many for the file? In fact, I've already noticed a couple of caches missing from Pocket Queries (always when I'm out in the field, of course).

So, I should split the file of 400 in half and enter them as 2 different files?

Does anyone know: I'm not able to see the extra waypoints that show parking co-ords etc. Is the file just too large, or does the 500 just not show them?

Thanks very much for any help.

I PQ 200 caches per query. For the 5 major areas I can go to. Or the specific area that I want to hunt. Loaded as 5 files puts 1000 Geocaches on my Explorist. As I go up the coast and reach the outer limits of that file I just switch to the next one. This usually overlaps the prior file by quite a margin. Changing the active set up is just a few button pokes away.