Creating Cache for Coin Collection

AtwellFamily

Why create a seperate account? You can just do what the others have said above.

I went the route of creating a new cache and just never submitting it. I can still see it and the coins that I activated a while back sit in there.

I did that some time ago (set up an un-submitted cache), though I use it mainly for testing out cache page ideas, storing images etc.

My reasons for considering setting up a separate account are these:

I see geocoins as having two distinct identities now - their original one as travellers and their evolved one as collectibles.

I think that anyone looking the trackables in my profile should be able to assume that they are travelling or soon will be.

So if I activate geocoins I intend to keep, I want them to be separate and also I see them as independent of my “real” geocaching identity.

I raised this point of a separate account because, though I previously hadn’t intended to activate non-travellers, I now see the icons as part of the collection for me, but not part of my geocaching record. Sorry if this is getting overly philosophical. :laughing:

Also I have sympathy for users with slow internet connections (like mine!) who have to wait an eternity for all the icons to download when they look at the “trackables” profile of a geocacher who is actually just displaying their collectibles.