Yahoo Mail Throttling - Emails Delayed

Elias

Starting sometime yesterday, Yahoo began throttling all mail we send to them. This has caused an enormous backlog of email, and most email being sent to Yahoo is not currently being delivered successfully.

When this has happened previously, Groundspeak's attempts to contact Yahoo to report or resolve the problem have been unsuccessful. If you have a Yahoo Mail account and are affected by this issue, please contact Yahoo Mail support and report this issue to them.

I'll post updates here when I have more information.

:D Elias

Part of the process of removing these throttles is invalidating accounts in the system that have email addresses that no longer work.

Elias went through the system today and invalidated a lot of accounts. If you were one of them you will need to login and enter in a new email address that is active in order to continue using this site. We do this not only to keep an open communication with you, but also because we are required to be diligent about not sending emails to accounts that no longer exist. Companies like AOL and Yahoo prefer not to get emails that go to accounts that have been closed.

Starting around noon today Pacific Time (GMT -8), Yahoo started throttling our mail again. They're only accepting about 25% of the email we're generating and the backlog is growing fast.

I've filled out yet another whitelist request with Yahoo, but I don't expect that to help.

Note that this affects all domains for which Yahoo handles email, including all the international ones (yahoo.ca, yahoo.de, etc...), rogers.com, btinternet.com, and many others.

:laughing: Elias