Pre loaded Micro SD cards

Ckingrex

When I purchased my 60csx, I decided to order the preloaded MicroSD card with the City Navigator NT North America information. When I tried to upload the info from the GPS to MapSource, the info did not transfer, and in addition, I lost all the detailed maps on the MicroSD card. I have decided to order the CD set and use the same 1G MicroSD and reload the maps. Any ideas? I loaded the Garmin file, with the City Nav. info to My Files and when I put the cursor on it, it shows there is 943 MB inside but I can't retrieve it. Any help or suggestions?

When I purchased my 60csx, I decided to order the preloaded MicroSD card with the City Navigator NT North America information. When I tried to upload the info from the GPS to MapSource, the info did not transfer, and in addition, I lost all the detailed maps on the MicroSD card. I have decided to order the CD set and use the same 1G MicroSD and reload the maps. Any ideas? I loaded the Garmin file, with the City Nav. info to My Files and when I put the cursor on it, it shows there is 943 MB inside but I can't retrieve it. Any help or suggestions?

Call Garmin and tell them what happened. Why pay again when they will almost certainly make it right?

I purchased the "pre-programmed" card from ProAdvantage, and on the invoice it states "Not returnable". That should have raised the "red flag". I was anxious to try it out, as any newbie is, and should have been more leary. I didn't discover "Groundspeak" in time or I would have gone with the advice of: Buy the CD/DVD's and use a loadable MicroSD card. Actually, I wonder if the 1G is even necessary as all my trip planning will be done on my computer, larger screen, and I have a small Street Pilot that prompts me with that sweet female voice. What could be better. I have decided to bite the bullet and re-order in CD/DVD format both the City Navigator NT and the TOPO United States. I guess if you average it out over the years I will be using them, it will be easier to take. Thanks again for being there, folks at "Groundspeak" and I shall become a regular-"seeker of truth" in the future.

I purchased the "pre-programmed" card from ProAdvantage, and on the invoice it states "Not returnable". That should have raised the "red flag". I was anxious to try it out, as any newbie is, and should have been more leary. I didn't discover "Groundspeak" in time or I would have gone with the advice of: Buy the CD/DVD's and use a loadable MicroSD card. Actually, I wonder if the 1G is even necessary as all my trip planning will be done on my computer, larger screen, and I have a small Street Pilot that prompts me with that sweet female voice. What could be better. I have decided to bite the bullet and re-order in CD/DVD format both the City Navigator NT and the TOPO United States. I guess if you average it out over the years I will be using them, it will be easier to take. Thanks again for being there, folks at "Groundspeak" and I shall become a regular-"seeker of truth" in the future.

I am no expert, but I will say it again. CALL GARMIN. They may make it right for zero dollars.

I am no expert, but I will say it again. CALL GARMIN. They may make it right for zero dollars.

I decided to take your advice. I am hearing impaired so I am trying the E-Mail approach. I sent them a previous message about the uploading the maps from the cards. They said the cards are purchased by people who don't want to deal with the computer end of it. They told me to return the "card" but I had failed to mention that it stated "non-returnable". Nothing ventured, nothing gained, so I will see what happens. A wasted $160 if no help. Thanks again.

Garmin should replace the card, the "non-returnable" applies to the store where you bought the card.

I hope you are correct. Like I said, I purchased it from "ProAdvantage" and what was strange, along with stating that it was "non-returnable", the case that it came in, has "Plug & Play street maps" covered with a lable that states "GRMM015 Mapsource City Navigator etc.". For some reason, things just don't seem right. I will post what the Garmin reply is when I receive it. Thanks for your input.

Garmin should replace the card, the "non-returnable" applies to the store where you bought the card.

I hope you are correct. Like I said, I purchased it from "ProAdvantage" and what was strange, along with stating that it was "non-returnable", the case that it came in, has "Plug & Play street maps" covered with a lable that states "GRMM015 Mapsource City Navigator etc.". For some reason, things just don't seem right. I will post what the Garmin reply is when I receive it. Thanks for your input.

I just got the word from GARMIN and they said that there is nothing they can do nor could they explain why it occured. They stated that I maybe able to use it as a spare, blank card. Just be careful out there when you use third parties. The little extra cash may be worth it. Thank again for your support and suggestions.::REX