Can't see IPB images

chuckr30

What are IPB images and whay can't I seem them with Firefox 1.5?

At first I thought these were images from old posts that were archived, so the images were deleted, but now I'm seeing them in posts (not just threads) that are just a few days old.

For example, there's a thread where people are supposed to post an image of themselves. But I just see text that says "IPB image", and it's not even a link to an image.

Edited by chuckr30

At first I thought these were images from old posts that were archived, so the images were deleted, but now I'm seeing them in posts (not just threads) that are just a few days old.

For example, there's a thread where people are supposed to post an image of themselves. But I just see text that says "IPB image", and it's not even a link to an image.

Have you set your browser to remove images in some fashion?

gdfgdf.jpg

"IBP Image" shows up when the URL between the IMG tags doesn't actually point to a valid image. (Or anything at all.)

Not allways. From time to time I right click the IPB and selects Show picture. And the picture shows.

Maybe a timeout problem?

Some websites prohibit hotlinking to images, so even though the URL is valid, what their webserver sends to your browser instead of the image isn't.

If you right-click on the text and get the image URL and paste that into your address bar, it will probably work.

Check the Tools/Options dialog under the Content tab. Is "Load Images" checked? Is "for the originating website only" unchecked? There are some GreaseMonkey scripts to further refine the image loading behavior - any of those installed?

Some websites prohibit hotlinking to images, so even though the URL is valid, what their webserver sends to your browser instead of the image isn't.

If you right-click on the text and get the image URL and paste that into your address bar, it will probably work.

For the most part, this problem could be resolved if people posting images check the 'preview post' button, to see if it is going to work!

For the most part, this problem could be resolved if people posting images check the 'preview post' button, to see if it is going to work!

The problem with that is that if I'm the one posting the image, it's already in my browser's cache, so it'll show up just fine for me in a preview, even though I'm looking at the hotlinked version.