Keeper of the Mountain Cache

Ryder3 & Better Half

Hi everybody!

Better Half has designed another coin,and we wanted some opinions.

The front of the coin will be 3D, and the back of the coin shows what a cacher COULD run into. Ryder3 encountered a puma while hiking on Pike's Peak,so we figured it isn't entirely impossible to see something like what is on the back. (LOL!!)

Since the front will be 3D,maybe an antique or satin finish? What do you think? We hope you like it! :D

f0f7d4a5-60ed-4736-9abf-02f29f7c4fa9.jpg

I like the idea, but have a couple thoughts on the design. I understand the guide hairs on the brow ridges of the cat's head. My little one has guides that flatten down almost to her head when she puts her ears back. You might be able to add some simple curve to them to bring them down more along the smooth curve of the coin on the left and just change the right side to a more pronounced curl (ala Homer Simpson hair). Does that make sense?

If you managed to smooth the edges of the shape a bit you could add more scenery to the rear of the coin and make it look more natural. I keep seeing great ideas on one side of a coin and "floating" images on the other side because the shapes don't blend well. This is one where the unusual shape could be really utilized to create a unique image for both sides. A good example of an odd shape used very, VERY well would be the mystery Christmas coin that was shaped like a wrapped box with ribbon on one side and a perfect ammobox with snow drifts on the other. That was just inspired :P I don't know who came up with the design, but this coin could be one of those really outstanding coins if the back were fleshed out a bit more. My favorite coins are the ones where I just can't decide which side to face up.

So again, I really like the idea and with a little tweaking it would be the difference between a "maybe I'll get it coin" and an "I absolutely have to have this coin" type coin. <_<

edit 4 to lurn 2 spell

Edited by fox-and-the-hound