Did Amazon ship me a used Garmin as new?

dydst

Hello all,

Newbie here who just got their first GPS unit, a Garmin Etrex Venture Cx. I bought it new from Amazon. When I received it, the box was not wrapped with cellophane, and the wriststrap and clip adapter were just laying at the bottom of the box, not wrapped in anything.

The manual was still in the original packaging, and the unit itself looked fine.

It's just that I've heard stories of Amazon shipping products that have obviously been returned as "new".

If anyone can tell me what their Etrex's looked like when they bought them, I would appreciate it. Are they typically shrink wrapped, with the wrist strap, etc., in their own cellophane bags? Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Thanks!

Hello all,

Newbie here who just got their first GPS unit, a Garmin Etrex Venture Cx. I bought it new from Amazon. When I received it, the box was not wrapped with cellophane, and the wriststrap and clip adapter were just laying at the bottom of the box, not wrapped in anything.

The manual was still in the original packaging, and the unit itself looked fine.

It's just that I've heard stories of Amazon shipping products that have obviously been returned as "new".

If anyone can tell me what their Etrex's looked like when they bought them, I would appreciate it. Are they typically shrink wrapped, with the wrist strap, etc., in their own cellophane bags? Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Thanks!

I just received the same unit from walmart.com, it was packaged the same way ( lose strap and clip adapter)

Haven't heard of Amazon reselling used as new, but I have experienced a wide variety of packing skill. I've received $10 softcover books lovingly wrapped in bubble wrap and double boxed, and a $350 digital camera banging around loose in a huge box with no packing material at all. Thwack! Thud! Whack!

Bizarre.