Camping and Caching in North Georgia

fatcache

I am looking for a good area to go spend a weekend camping and caching. Does anyone have any recommendations for an area with 3 or more caches within hiking distance of camping areas?

I would love for it to be in North Georgia somewhere in the mountains.

The camping area doesn't have to be anything formal just enough room for a couple tents and permission to have a camp fire.

I'm pretty sure their are KOA Kampgounds nearby. Even if you look in the Chattanooga, Tennessee area you are minutes from the Georgia border. Places like Dalton Georgia, Ringgold Georgia, or Fort Orgothorpe Georgia are loaded with caches...you could search those areas on the internet for camp grounds.

Last spring we camped out for the weekend at Fort Mountain State Park in the mountains of northern Georgia. I think there were only 2 or 3 caches in the park at the time, with a few more within a few miles of the park. I think it was something like $10-15 a night to camp there. Not sure if they had primitive camping areas...we tent camped in the regular camp grounds.