Help with Pocket Queries

I am getting rather frustrated trying to use pocket queries. I set them up to be emailed to my email as listed in my profile, but they do not show up. Can anyone tell me what is going on? I use Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2, and Norton Anti-virus.

My guess it has everything to do with the email provider and nothing to do with Windoze/Norton proper. Are you using ISP-provided mail, webmail, or some other service? If you name it perhaps others using the same service can chime in.

Generic guidance: check spam folders, filter folders, etc. Copy the email addy from the PQ and mail to it to make sure there's not a typo making it bounce.

My PQs have come in 100% of the time whether sent to my own domain's SMTP server or through a spamgourmet/gmail account.

If you're using Charter, there is a definite problem with receiving emails. We were just informed this last weekend by Charter that they've instituted new spam filters, and they need someone from Groundspeak to get in contact with them to fix the problem. The new spam filters are so effective that I now receive no email at all on my Charter account.

I'm about ready to ditch Charter and find another service provider.

If you're using Charter, there is a definite problem with receiving emails. We were just informed this last weekend by Charter that they've instituted new spam filters, and they need someone from Groundspeak to get in contact with them to fix the problem. The new spam filters are so effective that I now receive no email at all on my Charter account.

I'm about ready to ditch Charter and find another service provider.

I was having the same problem with Charter and was told to send an email to unblock@charter.net, which I did. I received an answer back from a guy at charter asking me to put him in contact with my contact at Groundspeak, which I also did. I emailed Eric at Groundspeak a couple of days ago to see if the guy ever contacted him. So far I haven't heard back from Eric.

I did figure out a work around though that has been working perfect. Go to www.fanmail.com and set up a free account, then go to Groundspeak and change your email address to whatever you choose at fanmail. What happens is fanmail is just an email forwarding site that forwards your email to Charter. It works perfect, and until they get things straightened out you can receive your PQs

t heard back from Eric.

I did figure out a work around though that has been working perfect. Go to www.fanmail.com and set up a free account, then go to Groundspeak and change your email address to whatever you choose at fanmail. What happens is fanmail is just an email forwarding site that forwards your email to Charter. It works perfect, and until they get things straightened out you can receive your PQs

I'd keep the forwarding around even after charter starts working. You can use the redirector as a semi-permanent email addy even when your ISP changes.