Signal vs. "Phibian"

MissJenn

I just found out about Phibian through the Leave No Trace website.

If there were a Celebrity Death Match (ya know, MTV-style), there is no doubt who would be left standing at the end.

"Phibian" is a friendly, animated cartoon "spokesfrog" developed exclusively by and for Hi-Tec Sports. At a proud 8 years old, Phibian is the older, wiser kid on the block who promotes the importance of healthy lifestyle for kids, and wholeheartedly advocates respect for the outdoors. With a tag line of "Get Up. Get Out!", Phibian speaks to the alarming epidemic of childhood inactiveness, encouraging children to set aside the video games and remote control to play outside. In conjunction with this stance, Phibian teaches the Principles of the Leave No Trace organization as he ventures into the outdoors with his friends.

"I'm gettin' tired. This backpack is heavy...." - Phibian

300_FullPhibianBackpack.jpg

phibianA.jpg

versus

"Ya found a kitchen sink, too? Just pile it on top!" - Signal

df089eca-d0fd-452b-a1bf-b3a8b58d9df1.jpg

Signal is the official mascot for Groundspeak. Simply put, he represents the combination of the outdoors and location-based technology. Signal's ultimate goal is to put the word "active" back into "interactive" by releasing you from the shackles of your indoor "entertainment system." We call him "El Capitan" or "The Liberator" in the office.
Edited by MissJenn

If there were a Celebrity Death Match (ya know, MTV-style), there is no doubt who would be left standing at the end.

"Phibian" is a friendly, animated cartoon "spokesfrog" developed exclusively by and for Hi-Tec Sports. At a proud 8 years old, Phibian is the older, wiser kid on the block who promotes the importance of healthy lifestyle for kids, and wholeheartedly advocates respect for the outdoors. With a tag line of "Get Up. Get Out!", Phibian speaks to the alarming epidemic of childhood inactiveness, encouraging children to set aside the video games and remote control to play outside. In conjunction with this stance, Phibian teaches the Principles of the Leave No Trace organization as he ventures into the outdoors with his friends.

versus

Just my opinion, but i think Phibian looks better, but Signal looks harder working

Phibian is wearing tropic-weight cotton hiking shorts and a stylized matching T-shirt, both woven of a cool lightweight fabric that is highly breathable and pigment-dyed for a weathered look that only gets better with time. His shorts are treated for wrinkle resistance, prewashed for broken-in softness and shrinkage control, and feature a natural fit that gives him extra room at the seat and thighs. Phibian's shorts also feature a stretch back panel, on-seam front pockets and two button-through back pockets.

Maximizing foot comfort and function without trading off on style, Phibian is sporting Teva X-1 off-road training shoes. The newest member of the X-1 family, Teva’s men’s X-1 Control provides enhanced stability without a significant weight penalty. Medially posted with dual-density EVA, the X-1 Control is Teva’s most versatile trail running shoe. Quick-drying with the right blend of cushioning, support and responsiveness, the X-1 Control is the perfect off-road training shoe.

Signal, on the other hand, is buck nekid.

:D

Edited by cache_test_dummies

The reality is that Phibian has a long and sordid history of drug abuse and also of multiple arrests for said activities. On the other hand, Signal the Frog has a clean legal record, and his/her only close encounter with drugs was when Keystone was caught supplying Signal with Chemical X, an event which was a truly tragic and sad blemish on the careers of both Signal and Keystone. There have also been allegations made that Keystone physically abused Signal as well, but the records have been sealed by the courts and by the FBI and CIA. :huh:

:huh:

:D:P:huh::huh:

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team
FWIW - I think I could take them both. :huh:
That would truly be a sight (fight?) to see.

No, Signal and The Flying Spaghetti Monster should not fight...

32412aab-607f-46b6-a453-2675dbada0c6.jpg

Thanks! I was looking for a new wallpaper for my laptop! This month's Signal at Stonehenge was nice, but I get bored having the same thing for a whole month.

Phibian looks too much like some rich b@st@rds bored kid who has nothing better to do with his time than harrass the hard working Signal who is just trying to do his job.

"Mr. Mr. There's trash over there. Yah, I left it there because I didn't have a way to bring it out. Do you know how to orient? Let me take you for a ride in my gold plated Jeep YJ..." - Phibian

"Okay, I tracked the cache to XbyY and found a bunch of trash. I've CITO'ed it and will be disposing of it at home. My GPSr was bouncing off the trees so I had to spend the last ten minutes just looking for it." - Signal

Phibian is nothing but a yuppy puppy poser to Signal's sleek l33tnes.

versus

Just my opinion, but i think Phibian looks better, but Signal looks harder working

From comparing the two, I wonder if either Signal is a nudist ? or Phibian is over dressed??

I guess Kermit never wore clothes either, so maybe nudity is normal for frogs :huh:

philbian_as_goofus.gif

Phibian always brings 16 or more items into the "10 items or less" checkout lane, never washes his hands after using the bathroom, laughs when someone pinches their finger in an ammo can, and frequently trolls the forums using a sock puppet account.

signal_as_gallant.gif

Signal always lets people with less items cut in front of her at the checkout, washes carefully with soap, logs every DNF, and when posting in the forums, never posts a picture of a duck when a llama is clearly more appropriate.

Signal is the official mascot for Groundspeak. Simply put, he represents the combination of the outdoors and location-based technology. Signal's ultimate goal is to put the word "active" back into "interactive" by releasing you from the shackles of your indoor "entertainment system." We call him "El Capitan" or "The Liberator" in the office.

I always thought signal was a SHE. :)

At least that is the story told here: Todays Cacher

Maybe someone didn't want people to remember that story and changed it. :blink:

No contest. Signal definately beats Phibian!

So, let me get this straight... Phibian is a persona done to try and inspire brand loyalty, being used to peddle shoes to kids? They're also using the "Leave No Trace" thing as a way to shoehorn their product into schools? Guess that "leave no trace" thing must be original, sounds absolutely nothing like "Tread Lightly".

Signal: Outdoors, Adventure, Ammo cans, Multi-billion Dollar Satalites, CITO Events.

Phibian: Do these shoes match my backpack?

I guess the "Leave No Trace" concept does help describe the kids who will be coerceded into getting the Hi-Tec shoes. People who are sheep don't leave much of an impact on the world. Wonder how many focus-groups and brainstorming sessions it took to come up with something as bland and uninspiring as "Get up, Get out." Seriously, even something as lame as "Go out and play" is a better slogan!

Face it, at the end of the fight, you KNOW Signal is going to have to CITO Phibians remains out of the ring.

I dunno, Phibian's head looks more turtle like than froggish to me. I've never questioned Signal's species, although the gender isn't real clear, but I guess that's normal <_< for frogs.

Maybe he has a reptile dysfunction..... :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

That is hilarious! I know someone who works for Pfizer, maybe he could send Phibian some samples to help out with that problem.....