Chat's FIVE YEARS old?!? You betcha!

ClayJar

Monday, January 21, 2002, at 8:30pm Central Standard Time, the greeting was spoken and the very first weekly official geocaching chat.

Tonight, Monday, January 22, 2007, beginning at 8:30pm Central Standard Time (Tuesday morning at 02:30 UTC), we convene the 262nd consecutive weekly official geocaching chat and celebrate five uninterrupted years.

Join us by going to http://gcchat.clayjar.com/ or by connecting to irc.slashnet.org with your favorite IRC client and joining #Geocache. Who knows, but someone might even give something away. (At least, such has happened before...)

-ClayJar

we convene the 262nd consecutive weekly official geocaching chat and celebrate five uninterrupted years.
That is quite amazing!

I think I've missed one of the 261 so far. Scary. I Should dig out the logs for chat #1. That might be amusing.

Hmmmm, I think I've missed a few more than that.....hehehehe.

Mac

I will skip class tonight to be there. I can't miss this one, the chataverseries are always cool. * I will have GeoDining prizes to give out tonight.

* run on sentence and made up word

Just wanted to thank BoT for the GeoDining.com T-shirt I won that night. (It just came today, which is what made me think to do this now)

And of course Clayjar for hosting the IRC channel and official chat night for 5+ years now.

I've been there since day one, and have made some great friends all around the world there. Many of them I've been lucky enough to meet and cache with already. The rest of you; I'm working on it! ;)