TOM TOM GO POI's

Hillhappy1

Now i know this has probably been answered before (i hope) but i haven't visited the forum for a while so may have missed the answer.

I can download all the POI's i want for my TOM TOM 300 caches but can i alter the bitmap and voices for different cache types. Regular, micro, multi, unknown etc.

That way when i'm out and about but maybe haven't got the cache details with me i can pick up the regular caches along the way without finding out it is a multi and i haven't got the vital bit of info i need with me.

I'll tell you what I do.

Create your own cache bitmaps. Apparently they should be no bigger than 22x22 pixels.

Using GSAK, create a filter for each type of cache you want in each POI. I use

Multi's

Trads

Mystery/Puzzle

Other

My owned caches

Caches found

Export each database as a POI i.e. GCTrad.ov2; GCMulti.ov2 etc and rename the corresponding bitmaps EXACTLY i.e. GCTrad.bmp; GCMulti.bmp etc

You could, if you had time, split the above files further into cache types i.e. GCTradMicro; GCTradOther; etc but updating the files would obviously take alot longer.

Transfer to TomTom. If you don't use Checkpoint with TomTom on a PDA you should. Then configure TomTom to detect each POI and play the corresponding voice clip.

Hey Presto! Instant visual and/or audio notification as you approach different cache types in your travels.

There may well be some bright spark who can write a Macro to automate the whole process of creating the different OV2 files.

If so, I'd love to BETA test it. Hint, hint.

11d903cf-d6c3-49df-b174-42f5df2e6cf9.jpg

Oss!

Edited by Sensei TSKC

It seems that everytime somebody mentions GSAK, I learn or get something new out of it. I adapted the macro as I thought it should be and Hey Presto! exactly what I asked for (with a bit of tweaking I may be able to add a couple of others too.

Bolas Heathens Thank you for that!

Going to have a look at the icon set now.

Oss!

Do you really need "Home" "Cashpoint" "Shops" etc, they can be removed if not used, to make room for the important Geocaching stuff! :D

G

Can the preprogrammed POIs be removed? I am using a TomTom One and assume that the software is similar to the Go but have failed to remove "Places of Worship" which are not very helpful, not because I never go to Church, but because they all seem to be in N Ireland! If it can be done I would very much like to know how! :D

I think there is a limit to the number of POI's you can have with the Go...

29 seems to ring a bell at the back of my mind... :rolleyes:

Do you really need "Home" "Cashpoint" "Shops" etc, they can be removed if not used, to make room for the important Geocaching stuff! :rolleyes:

G

Do you really need "Home" "Cashpoint" "Shops" etc, they can be removed if not used, to make room for the important Geocaching stuff! :rolleyes:

G

Can the preprogrammed POIs be removed? I am using a TomTom One and assume that the software is similar to the Go but have failed to remove "Places of Worship" which are not very helpful, not because I never go to Church, but because they all seem to be in N Ireland! If it can be done I would very much like to know how! :lol:

Good question!

Presumed they were in the "Map" folder...

They aren't! So can't be deleted.

Unless someone knows better! :blink::blink: