any caches that need aduped

king riched

I'm not sure what he's asking either, but if my guess is correct, he wants to find caches that are available for adoption. I've requested a couple of times that there be a new owner/reviewer log type of "up for adoption" that we could search on. IMO, too many caches are just archived due to lack of response/maintenance from the owner, and then they are geo-junk. My suggestion has been ignored though of course.

Also, I find it funny that there appears to also be a typo in King Riched's username.

Edited by ThePropers
I'm not sure what he's asking either, but if my guess is correct, he wants to find caches that are available for adoption. I've requested a couple of times that there be a new owner/reviewer log type of "up for adoption" that we could search on. IMO, too many caches are just archived due to lack of response/maintenance from the owner, and then they are geo-junk. My suggestion has been ignored though of course. ...

That would be pretty cool.

I've seen threads in other regional forums posting caches that need some TLC, adoption or Geo-litter removal.

Perhaps that's something we can do in the NE forums too?

BTW, congrats on your 50th find king riched!

I usually just read the posts and stay quiet, BUT this one really deserves a reply! So, here goes... :D :D :D

I did a little checking, you already own 10 caches 3 of which have been archived. 1 with no explanation as to why (GCX29W), 1 with a very disturbing past (GCWWE0), and 1 that the reviewer had to archive after you left it sit dormant for almost 3 months (GCXF0N). :D:D:D

You should learn to take better care of what you already have before you take on more!

:D

In my simple opinion, you are just one more reason Geocaching.com should be a pay-to-play site!

I usually just read the posts and stay quiet, BUT this one really deserves a reply! So, here goes... :D :D :D

I did a little checking, you already own 10 caches 3 of which have been archived. 1 with no explanation as to why (GCX29W), 1 with a very disturbing past (GCWWE0), and 1 that the reviewer had to archive after you left it sit dormant for almost 3 months (GCXF0N). :D:D:D

You should learn to take better care of what you already have before you take on more!

:D

In my simple opinion, you are just one more reason Geocaching.com should be a pay-to-play site!

Now THAT"S how you bring it with your first post ever in the GC forums! Don't bother with the "Who's a lurker" thread or "I have a newbie question". Just walk in and drop the hammer. Call it how you see it and don't look back.

I agree with what you said as well. You will make a fine upstanding TRIGO member. :D

I usually just read the posts and stay quiet, BUT this one really deserves a reply! So, here goes... ;):P:ph34r:

I did a little checking, you already own 10 caches 3 of which have been archived. 1 with no explanation as to why (GCX29W), 1 with a very disturbing past (GCWWE0), and 1 that the reviewer had to archive after you left it sit dormant for almost 3 months (GCXF0N). :huh:;):P

<_<

Now THAT"S how you bring it with your first post ever in the GC forums! Don't bother with the "Who's a lurker" thread or "I have a newbie question". Just walk in and drop the hammer. Call it how you see it and don't look back.

I agree with what you said as well. You will make a fine upstanding TRIGO member. :P

I think that King Riched himself would make a fine upstanding TRIGO member.

Of course there's a good chance he's already been one for years. :unsure:

Have a beer on me, KR.

I've tried to become a member of TRIGO. I've requested membership 3 or 4 times, and haven't been authorized yet...grrr :P

I forwarded your email on. Am sure it was an over sight since we have never banned anyone, blocked anyone, censored anyone, or appenged anyone.

... What is TRIGO? :blink:

TRI-GO is the Three Rivers Informal Geocaching (Dis)Organization. It the Geocaching group from cachers in SouthWestern PA, as well as Eartern Ohio and Northern West Virginia. It currently is over 385 members strong.

Maybe if this information was pinned at the top under Local Geocaching Groups it would have been easier for someone new to find and actually be able to join a group. :drama:

I've tried to become a member of TRIGO. I've requested membership 3 or 4 times, and haven't been authorized yet...grrr :drama:

I forwarded your email on. Am sure it was an over sight since we have never banned anyone, blocked anyone, censored anyone, or appenged anyone.

... What is TRIGO? :P

TRI-GO is the Three Rivers Informal Geocaching (Dis)Organization. It the Geocaching group from cachers in SouthWestern PA, as well as Eartern Ohio and Northern West Virginia. It currently is over 385 members strong.

Maybe if this information was pinned at the top under Local Geocaching Groups it would have been easier for someone new to find and actually be able to join a group. :P

As part of the NNYGEO community I should've figured out you were some crazy collaboration... organized or otherwise :blink:. Almost moved out there actually Kittanning I believe it was. I also found a link to the yahoo group and felt like a dork for asking ;) what trigo meant.

I'm not sure what he's asking either, but if my guess is correct, he wants to find caches that are available for adoption. I've requested a couple of times that there be a new owner/reviewer log type of "up for adoption" that we could search on. IMO, too many caches are just archived due to lack of response/maintenance from the owner, and then they are geo-junk. My suggestion has been ignored though of course. ...

That would be pretty cool.

I've seen threads in other regional forums posting caches that need some TLC, adoption or Geo-litter removal.

Perhaps that's something we can do in the NE forums too?

BTW, congrats on your 50th find king riched!

You know, I'd love to believe King Riched is a middle schooler from St. Mary's Pa., (as you would think from that cache log) with some of the worst spelling skills ever seen in the history of the internet.

But I just can't seem to get over this particuliar forum post:

Llama's in Elk County

I agree with what you said as well. You will make a fine upstanding TRIGO member. :blink:

I've tried to become a member of TRIGO. I've requested membership 3 or 4 times, and haven't been authorized yet...grrr :drama:

Anyway, back OT...I think TheMcCrackens hit it right on the head. First post too...

Hello Guyute1210,

I'm a mod over at TRIGO and just checked my mail to see a note from pghlooking...and your join request! Joining is all automated through Yahoo!, and I never personally saw any previous requests...but you're in now. Heck, I'll approve anyone...unless they're selling VI/\Gr/\ :P

Welcome to our (Dis)organization!

Yime

I agree with what you said as well. You will make a fine upstanding TRIGO member. :blink:

Anyway, back OT...I think TheMcCrackens hit it right on the head. First post too...

Hello Guyute1210,

I'm a mod over at TRIGO and just checked my mail to see a note from pghlooking...and your join request! Joining is all automated through Yahoo!, and I never personally saw any previous requests...but you're in now. Heck, I'll approve anyone...unless they're selling VI/\Gr/\ :P

Welcome to our (Dis)organization!

Yime

Yeah, I dont know what happened, but I recieved the emails.

The topic of the thread is caches that need aduped. Please confine your posts to that subject. Thanks!

I apologize profusely to the moderator, and to all the posters and readers of the Northeast forum. I've been a gurk. A real gurk. :DThis Cache in Elk County, although it gets happy visits and has no maintenance flags, was placed by someone who has found only 1 cache themselves, and hasn't logged into the website in well over 2 years. I think it would be a candidate to be aduped.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

I usually just read the posts and stay quiet, BUT this one really deserves a reply! So, here goes... :D:angry::D

I did a little checking, you already own 10 caches 3 of which have been archived. 1 with no explanation as to why (GCX29W), 1 with a very disturbing past (GCWWE0), and 1 that the reviewer had to archive after you left it sit dormant for almost 3 months (GCXF0N). :angry::angry::angry:

:angry:

I agree with what you said as well. You will make a fine upstanding TRIGO member. :D

I think that King Riched himself would make a fine upstanding TRIGO member.

Of course there's a good chance he's already been one for years. :laughing:

Have a beer on me, KR.

I don't think he can unless it's a root beer. It is my understanding that he is a high school student.

Edited by PeachyPA

The topic of the thread is caches that need aduped. Please confine your posts to that subject. Thanks!

I apologize profusely to the moderator, and to all the posters and readers of the Northeast forum. I've been a gurk. A real gurk. :laughing:This Cache in Elk County, although it gets happy visits and has no maintenance flags, was placed by someone who has found only 1 cache themselves, and hasn't logged into the website in well over 2 years. I think it would be a candidate to be aduped.

That is a nice cache along a rail trail; we found that one two years ago. Pleasant walk, not a difficult find, well stocked cache.