BIKEDOGS smashed penny-Anyone?

007BigD

I have just placed a cache for Bikedog (BIKEDOG LIVES-GC10B9T)in Ukiah ca. 95482, to honor his 1 year early departure with us :) , I placed it on 1-13-07 and it has not been found yet!

It would be a great addition to the cache if I could find one of his smashed pennies to place in with the items that WILL NOT BE REMOVED.

I have a Bikedog Geocoin in there and other items that relate to bikedog, but it would complete this cache to have a signature item, whether it is one of his smashed pennies, a smashed nickel or anything he may have dropped in to say "bikedog was here"

If anyone has one - This would be a good, safe home for it! -----Thanks for your help---007BigD

I can even trade you something!!!!!!!!

Edited by 007bigd

I have just placed a cache for Bikedog (BIKEDOG LIVES-GC10B9T)in Ukiah ca. 95482, to honor his 1 year early departure with us :laughing: , I placed it on 1-13-07 and it has not been found yet!

It would be a great addition to the cache if I could find one of his smashed pennies to place in with the items that WILL NOT BE REMOVED.

I have a Bikedog Geocoin in there and other items that relate to bikedog, but it would complete this cache to have a signature item, whether it is one of his smashed pennies, a smashed nickel or anything he may have dropped in to say "bikedog was here"

If anyone has one - This would be a good, safe home for it! -----Thanks for your help---007BigD

What a cool idea for a cache!

NewDawn and I met Bikedog on October 30th, 2005 at the "Keep on truckin' geo campout" (GCQMBP)

It was a quick meet and at the time, we were unaware that we shared a passion of dual sport riding.

I have a BMW GS1200 and my favorite place to ride is in Northern California.

Next time I'm up that way, I WILL visit your cache.

Thanks for posting this info in the forums.

Randy

San Diego, Ca

Edited by Thunder-4

I have just placed a cache for Bikedog (BIKEDOG LIVES-GC10B9T)in Ukiah ca. 95482, to honor his 1 year early departure with us :laughing: , I placed it on 1-13-07 and it has not been found yet!

I had one, but I left it in the BikeDog Memorial cache that RocketMan placed...sorry.

I had one, but I left it in the BikeDog Memorial cache that RocketMan placed...sorry.

Last time I checked, the smashed penny was still in there, but the cache is buried under a couple feet of snow now. RM

I am printing up a couple sets of Bikedog Memorial Cards for the cache. Either Randy (Thunder-4) will take them up there or I will mail them to 007bigd. Glad to see another Bikedog Memorial cache out there!

Thank you for all your efforts I have contacted Flagman and will have the cards delivered traditionally, WOW its all coming together and even better than I had expected,

Thunder 4, YOU ROCK- (I got an email from him and he will hand deliver the cards himself-I think I ruined his surprize when I contacted Flagman bout the cards) I can give the means for a great side trip for you if you want, just 5 mi. down the way from the cache is Cow Mtn. Rec area, there are at LEAST a hundred miles of trails of all difficulties, many of them are Bike only trails and many 4X4 trails as well, and it can take you over the hill to Clearlake too. I will supply you with a map if you want, it would be a great time and a great trip.

With guys like Lets Look Over Thayer, Rocketmans cache is now complete, lets hope someone is as worthy as he with this cache.

Rocketman-Nice cache page(im gonna have to figure out how to make such a nice page for my caches) and The cache art is excellent.

Its amazing how we are hundreds of miles apart and can interact like such a tight knit community----I love This.............I guess you could say Im as Giddy as a school... UH well you know the school girls boyfriend :D

Edited by 007bigd

............................AND I went to order some more Bikedog geocoins as some NTF prizes it turns out it was a guy who responded to my other Post in the coin discussion, and he is going to send a few to contribute to the cache too.WOOHOO :D Well this is starting to turn into quite a community cache--------Thank you all who have helped make this a memorable memorial cache. :D ----007BigD

DONE DEAL :P - and better than ever, Not only did I get the Bikedog coins that Cornerstone4 sent, and the confirmation that Thunder4 will be hand delivering the Bikedog memorial Geocards this spring, BUT :P Howling Wolf sent me -not 1, not 2 but :huh: -10 Bikedog smashed pennies taped on a mailing card!!!!!!!!

The cache was found the day I found out about the smashed pennies and the day the Geocoins got here, they didnt get a Bikedog coin as FTF, but they did get a Desert Cachoids to represent Bikedogs journeys that took place mostly in the desert, of which I have offered them a trade for a penny and a coin.

So I guess my quest is complete, and I said if I was able to find one I would list it here for a happy ending for all....So here it is....The Happy ending!!!! Thank you- Dave

----I tried to upload a couple images of the coins and pennies, but could not figure out how- I didnt know what the URL# was. I copied most of this note from my coin discussion post-I posted there and they referred me here where I was able to get some help from the local region....AND THANK YOU LOCALS AND TO ALL WHO HELPED MAKE THIS CACHE SUCH A GREAT MEMORIAL FOR A GREAT GUY!