New Cache review? ya right....

StonedCachers

Hello Groundspeek team, I'm writing this cause it's been 10 days since I"ve placed my cache GC10B7F. I have even send an email (at the 7 day mark) It's been like 3 days or 4 since the the email and still have not got any response..

Is anyone reviewing new caches? did you get my request? If you are waiting on something, or for some reason need more info or whatever, I wish you would sent me an email and let me know why, and not just Not review my cache. Lack of comminucation is frustrating, I can understand that you are busy, but one 5 seccond email saying "Real busy will get to it asap" or "need more info about such and such". As it stands right now, it's been there for a while and nobodys even looked at it as far as I can tell.

Our Group plans to put out many new caches in the future, some planned events and some spur of the moment.. Will I have to wait over 10 days with no replys to my emails on all of my cache placments?

Someone please take the time to talk to me. let me know what's going on and why it's been more than twice as long as the time you say it takes.

The best way is to put a request in the block on the bottom of your edit page that says 'NOTE TO REVIEWER"

An email to the reviewer will not necessarly get to the right person.

<snip>

:)

That is only true if your reviewer says that is the best way to contact him. Some reviewers use the note to the reviewer some only use an email to the reviewer as the way to contact them. There is no one way that is the right way. It is up to the reviewer. In this case it is the OPs first cache and he doesn't know his reviewer yet so he cant use either method.

Edited by CO Admin

The best way is to put a request in the block on the bottom of your edit page that says 'NOTE TO REVIEWER"

An email to the reviewer will not necessarly get to the right person.

also make sure the box is checked that the cache is placed and ready to go.

:)

I've obviously added a note to the reviewer, 2 infact.. And there is no "box" to check to say it is placed and ready to go.. Rules state you have to have it placed before you even submit it..

but rest assured if there were a box that said ready to go, I would have checked it.

The "box" that txoilgas is referring to is on the editing page. It says something like "Yes, this cache is active." You would UN-check it if your cache page was still being written, or if the cache container is not yet in place. I looked at the queue of caches waiting to be reviewed, and your cache is patiently waiting in the queue. That means you left the box checked. :)

That is only true if your reviewer says that is the best way to contact him. Some reviewers use the note to the reviewer some only use an email to the reviewer as the way to contact them. There is no one way that is the right way. It is up to the reviewer. In this case it is the OPs first cache and he doesn't know his reviewer yet so he cant use either method.

Yeah that's too bad. I'm sure it's just that I have a lazey reviewer or a BIG RASH OF CACHES are waiting to be reviewd... doubtfull since the last "Cache Blitz" in this area was 2004. I'm thinking they might have a problem finding someone in the area to review it? Who knows, that why my main point of this entire tread, is why don't they just send me an email and tell me why it's been 10 days and not 72 hours like they post.

I'm begining to wonder IF it will even get reviewed at all.

The "box" that txoilgas is referring to is on the editing page. It says something like "Yes, this cache is active." You would UN-check it if your cache page was still being written, or if the cache container is not yet in place. I looked at the queue of caches waiting to be reviewed, and your cache is patiently waiting in the queue. That means you left the box checked. :)

Ahh I see.. Yeah I'm very detail oriented.. (I even read the user agreements) I know I wouldn't have overlooked something like that.

Any way of telling what number in the Que? or estimate how much longer?

As I stated above, we want to release a bunch.. How long can I expect to wait?

Please remember that the reviewers are people, and cachers, too. Sometimes things happen that we have no control over, here are a few of the possible reasons you haven't heard from your reviewer:

Still snowed in at Denver Intl.

Illness

Lost GPSr, and can't find his/her way home

Figuring taxes to get refund for new GPSr

Family vacation

College or high school mid-term exams

'Puter died

Too much holiday food, arms no longer reach keyboard over belly

Mother-in-law visits, too scared to go home

Be patient, it will happen

Yeah that's too bad. I'm sure it's just that I have a lazey reviewer or a BIG RASH OF CACHES are waiting to be reviewd... doubtfull since the last "Cache Blitz" in this area was 2004. I'm thinking they might have a problem finding someone in the area to review it? Who knows, that why my main point of this entire tread, is why don't they just send me an email and tell me why it's been 10 days and not 72 hours like they post.

I am quite certain that your cache will be reviewed. The reviewer for your area is one of our most hard-working and experienced volunteers, and British Columbia is fortunate to be one of the areas he covers. I am sure that he is just busy with other things right now, and that he will either get to your cache or ask one of his dozens of colleagues for help in the very near future. Calling him "lazy" is unlikely to endear you to your reviewer, nor to speed up the turnaround time.

Any way of telling what number in the Que? or estimate how much longer?

As I stated above, we want to release a bunch.. How long can I expect to wait?

Our service goal is to review new cache submissions within 72 hours. It is a goal, and sometimes life gets in the way and the goal is not met. Be patient. Your parking lot will still be there tomorrow and the next day for everyone to see and enjoy.

I am also currently haveing the same problem and I also find the lack of knowing very frustrating. I know this will not help either one of us as of right now but, after submitting a cache for review it would be nice if on the cache page maybe in red right with the sentence "This cache has not been reviewed yet. Once it is published, it will be listed on the site. Check the logs to see if the reviewers have left a note for this listing." They also had the number that the cache is currently in the que. Good luck with the waiting game.

CaseyHeck

I am also currently haveing the same problem and I also find the lack of knowing very frustrating. I know this will not help either one of us as of right now but, after submitting a cache for review it would be nice if on the cache page maybe in red right with the sentence "This cache has not been reviewed yet. Once it is published, it will be listed on the site. Check the logs to see if the reviewers have left a note for this listing." They also had the number that the cache is currently in the que. Good luck with the waiting game.

CaseyHeck

That is a good suggestion, but the information could be misleading based upon the way in which reviewer duties are organized vs. the way that the review queue is organized. You have one cache pending in the Michigan queue, but what if there are separate reviewers for northern Michigan and southern Michigan? One could be all caught up, while the other was way behind. Or, if your reviewer also covered Minnesota and Wisconsin, knowing that you were #3 in line in Michigan wouldn't be very useful information if there were 35 older caches awaiting review in those other states. Or, if your cache was a ten-stage multicache, it would be misleading if you were told it was first in line, because the reviewer may skip to other, easier cache reviews before tackling the complex ones. (All of these are hypothetical examples of real life situations -- none are related to your cache.)

Note that you have a second cache that is NOT in the review queue because the box for "this cache is active" has been unchecked.

Thanks for your patience.

Edited by Keystone

CaseyHeck

That is a good suggestion, but the information could be misleading based upon the way in which reviewer duties are organized vs. the way that the review queue is organized. You have one cache pending in the Michigan queue, but what if there are separate reviewers for northern Michigan and southern Michigan? One could be all caught up, while the other was way behind. Or, if your reviewer also covered Minnesota and Wisconsin, knowing that you were #3 in line in Michigan wouldn't be very useful information if there were 35 older caches awaiting review in those other states. Or, if your cache was a ten-stage multicache, it would be misleading if you were told it was first in line, because the reviewer may skip to other, easier cache reviews before tackling the complex ones. (All of these are hypothetical examples of real life situations -- none are related to your cache.)

Note that you have a second cache that is NOT in the review queue because the box for "this cache is active" has been unchecked.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I didn't realy think that one through! Very good points you made about the que. I have the second cache unchecked because I was counting on learning something with the review process. Basicaly I didn't want to make a mistake twice. Thanks very much for explaining all of that for me and watching out for me on the second cache.

CaseyHeck

Totally your choice, of course, but if I were you, I would put your other cache in the queue too. You've already learned that sometimes it takes awhile to get them published. So, you've learned something. Why wait again? Both your caches looked pretty good to me.

I should also mention that Rusty, the primary cache reviewer for Michigan, always gets high praises for his speed and helpfulness, whenever we see one of those rare "thank the reviewers" threads.

Yeah ok, I didn't call anyone anything, I said maybe's.. I offerd 3 things and you took the worst one. ALL I SAID IS I WANT A FREAKING EMAIL SAYING WHY IT'S MORE THAN 72 HOURS.. Or change the 72 hour guidline to how long it actualy is. Cause after 3 days (the time it is supposed to take) I start to wonder, now three times the time it supposed to take, emails send no replys. What am I supposed to do? ALL I ASKED FOR WAS AN EMAIL. don't read into something that's not there.. The example I was offering were offerd olny as examples of WHY I SHOULD GET AN EMAIL TELLING ME WHY IT'S BEEN 3-4 TIMES LONGER THAN STATED.

I respect the reviwers, nd know that they are people with jobs and lives. But an email is all I'm asking for, and if you want me to look like I'm insulting a reviewer to get me in trouble or something, just take off eh..

All I want is an Email. Generic even "Hey we are real behind right now, we got your request, whatever".

Don't make me look like a bad guy here, I don't know my reviewer, so I couldn't name names. I'm not calling anyone anything, just nameing possiblities and reasons they could email me and let me know.

BTW, When someone uses words like "Maybe" and "Who knows" They are usualy offering examples or suggestions. Not stating wht they think or what they hold to be true. A little tip next time your talking to someone in english.

I think people will get their own view of you through reading your posts here, I don't need to make you out as ANYTHING!!!

I'm offering FRIENDLY advice there, you can use it or rant and rave as you have!! Maybe you forgot what you wrote...it reads like a mad rant to me!! Here's some of it!!

"Yeah that's too bad. I'm sure it's just that I have a lazey reviewer or a BIG RASH OF CACHES are waiting to be reviewd... doubtfull since the last "Cache Blitz" in this area was 2004. I'm thinking they might have a problem finding someone in the area to review it? Who knows, that why my main point of this entire tread, is why don't they just send me an email and tell me why it's been 10 days and not 72 hours like they post.

I'm begining to wonder IF it will even get reviewed at all."

I see you're from the Kalamazoo area Caseyheck??? Great area, we camped out there and did a weekend blitz on the area last year, but I have regular places I visit out that way when TB hunting too!!

Give me a yell if you ever plan to come out here to the Brooklyn area, always fun to meet cachers!!

uh.....he said "freaking"

Lol, yeah As in scary? Or atleast Yelling or ranting. I coulda use flippin but I think it sounds worse.

Your cache page has been reviewed.

But not listed. :)

Oooh, I want to know why. I wish I had some of those omnipotent powers now.

I think people will get their own view of you through reading your posts here, I don't need to make you out as ANYTHING!!!

I'm offering FRIENDLY advice there, you can use it or rant and rave as you have!! Maybe you forgot what you wrote...it reads like a mad rant to me!! Here's some of it!!

"Yeah that's too bad. I'm sure it's just that I have a lazey reviewer or a BIG RASH OF CACHES are waiting to be reviewd... doubtfull since the last "Cache Blitz" in this area was 2004. I'm thinking they might have a problem finding someone in the area to review it? Who knows, that why my main point of this entire tread, is why don't they just send me an email and tell me why it's been 10 days and not 72 hours like they post.

Yeah the Might and the Who knows.. Don't be an antaganist plase but out.

Yeah the Might and the Who knows.. Don't be an antaganist plase but out.

You bring your bellyaching to a public forum, and then have the nerve to tell the prople that respond to "but out"?

Believe it or not, the reviewers have lives, and their lives do not revolve around you or your caches.

You have a very high opinion of yourself, and your importance in the caching community, considering you've been a member of GC since December 25. Almost a whole month!!

How did we ever get along without you??

Why...is the HOLE you keep digging getting deeper???

what was the topic again??? Oh yeah, why your cache isn't being reviewed and ways to butter up your friendly reviewer...

edit to add: but seriously, maybe you should slow down and listen to the advice which has been given...be patient!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

I see you're from the Kalamazoo area Caseyheck??? Great area, we camped out there and did a weekend blitz on the area last year, but I have regular places I visit out that way when TB hunting too!!

Give me a yell if you ever plan to come out here to the Brooklyn area, always fun to meet cachers!!

Thanks Rockin Roddy I was just reading the post about the May campout in the area. Who knows I might just load the camper and head over for that? Rusty got to my cache today, So Thank You Rusty if you’re reading this. (I will also send an e-mail)

CaseyHeck

Ok, I was reading this and decided not to post since I would just be dog-piling on.......then I read this post:

Why does my post say ringbone king riched?

Now I'm cleanign off my desk from snarfing my Pepsi.

Mahalo Mopar.

Don't feel bad I got caught with this post last night.

Not much on its own but I'd just finished some *King* threads and was remembering others when it hit.

Hello Groundspeek team, I'm writing this cause it's been 10 days since I"ve placed my cache GC10B7F. I have even send an email (at the 7 day mark) It's been like 3 days or 4 since the the email and still have not got any response..

It only seems like a long time when you're STONED.

:D

I guess I'm most offended by this comment. Lazy.

I actually tried to sit down and write you last night. It is difficult to explain what has happened to me since Dec. 27th, and most especially in the last 10 days. It is not something I want to talk much about. Most people will notice I have been a ghost in the forums. I've been reading though (including this topic), which gives a nice distraction.

I will write you a note tonight.

FYI... the last cache blitz for my area was last spring. It is coming around again soon. I've already been contacted by the organizers.

<snip>

ALL I SAID IS I WANT A FREAKING EMAIL SAYING WHY IT'S MORE THAN 72 HOURS.. Or change the 72 hour guidline to how long it actualy is

</snip>

Different reviewers take different lengths of time, the UK ones usually get it out within 6 hours. For this reason, the guideline is merely the average, or target time. Of course it may be overrun, since it depends on different people.

But, an automated email from the system if a reviewer hasn't posted a note/reviewed it after 3 days may reassure people like StonedCachers.

Someone please take the time to talk to me. let me know what's going on and why it's been more than twice as long as the time you say it takes.

It still hasn't been published yet. :drama: I wonder if anything in his area is getting published or did his attempt to grease the wheels backfire. :blink:

Exactly. I know that this issue is resolved, but to other cachers who may be thinking the same thing, there is usually a reason. Often caches with 'issues' will take longer to be reviewed, as the reviewer may have to ponder for a while.

Oh, and I can't think of ANYTHING to say negatively of mtn-man ever!

well... except maybe that he found the same cache for his 1st and 100th :laughing: . Joking of course.

Exactly. I know that this issue is resolved, but to other cachers who may be thinking the same thing, there is usually a reason. Often caches with 'issues' will take longer to be reviewed, as the reviewer may have to ponder for a while.

Oh, and I can't think of ANYTHING to say negatively of mtn-man ever!

well... except maybe that he found the same cache for his 1st and 100th :laughing: . Joking of course.

You forgot to mention that I found the same cache for my 2nd and my 1,000th cache too. :unsure::laughing:

Funny how things work out regarding geocaching sometimes. My third find is still active but is still pretty much the same cache so I cannot repeat the same experience with it as I have been able to with my first two finds. The nice thing about things right now is that most of the issues from January are behind me. There are still some things I am having trouble getting my arms around, but at least life is much happier than it was at that time. I've been a caching maniac over the last 30 days actually, trying to build a streak of days in a row based on one of the cool stats shown on www.itsnotaboutthenumbers.com. Making yourself cache every day is quite an interesting experience! Three finds today, including a new very interesting multicache by owl1959, and I am going to San Fran tomorrow for a couple of days. Cache density -- WOO HOO!

Hopefully you can plan a trip to V.I. in late June general_tupperware. You never know who you might see. :rolleyes: