MISSION Geocoin: Secret Cupid!

Fluttershy

Cupid #2 received - both missions complete in both directions.

When I returned from a business trip, a gift from my geo-Cupid was awaiting me. I’m a bit hard to shop for since I don’t have a trade list, but my geo-Cupid did a bit of research and came up with a great set of coins!

I received:

• BN FTF coin – these are really sharp looking! (and appropriate too – thanks to a recent event I have 9 FTFs this year!)
  • Orange Racer coin – look for this one to start cruising the caches soon!
  • Def Con coin – Another cool coin that I hadn’t seen in person yet.
  • and . . . a coin to be sent a bit later!

In the small world category – I met my geo-Cupid at a cache in Greensboro when they were caching on their way back home and we ended up receiving each others’ names.

Hello, Sorry I didn't get on lastnight to read bout the Bee. I got on today and found an email from Allie. I sent you a payment for the bee. I hope you are still taking the payments for them.

I also received my cupid mission. My cupid was really great. I got Oakcoins Geocoin and Pin Club Geocoin and pin and a little coin of the geocoin, a leaf with a christmas hat from Oakcoins, Free the Cache personal geocoin I think it has greensfgiant sfwife on it, a Sunshinegang Geocoin, and a 2005 Washington State Geocoin. Thank you so much. They are great. :rolleyes::o:o:huh:

I just privately emailed all of the (46) People who did not Thank their Cupids yet.

This gives people a chance to do so, who might not have known, or serves as a little reminder.

I hope no one is offended.

I just wanted you to have one more chance, before I start emailing people tomorrow night.

Thanks! :rolleyes:

46 emails is a lot but it IS less than half of the people participating! Watching this thread I know that many are just sending our their missions. I know in my case I sent out 3 missions a week ago and only one has been delivered. I haven't received any of my packages yet but I take that as a sign that they are looking for extra special things for me! So because I know they will BEE good to me even though I haven't received the packages yet I will BEE good to them in return!!!

In the small world category – I met my geo-Cupid at a cache in Greensboro when they were caching on their way back home and we ended up receiving each others’ names.

Seriously--someone figure out the statistics on this happening!?!!?!?! :rolleyes: Annnnd, we see that you were just in our general area caching too!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you enjoyed your coins!

Edited by lindsychris

Seriously--someone figure out the statistics on this happening!?!!?!?! :huh: Annnnd, we see that you were just in our general area caching too!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you enjoyed your coins!

I just met the recepient of my secret cupid mission at a recent event (prior to receiving my mission) :rolleyes:

Mission status.

Mission received - 18 Jan

Coins sent - 20 Jan

Coins received - 7 Feb

My secret cupid (well not so secret as I know who it was, lol ) included 3 lovely coins that will soon be travelling the caches of Canada as I had determined that I would release the coins sent to me. Thank you very much for the coins and I hope you get as much as you gave. :huh::rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

What I thought would take just a few hours after work, has taken much longer...

I'm still sitting here at my office desk, and it's almost 11:30 pm.

Here's what I've decided. I'm not going to ask for people for anymore money. It's taken a lot

of time going through emails, and placing emails in folders, etc. I'd rather not go through the new

group of people sending in their own money for a Bee coin.

I think I have enough to send everyone a bee. If not, I'll pay what little there is, out of pocket.

I'd rather no one pay for their own bee anyway.

Printing out addresses is very time consuming, (I'm not complaining) so that's what's setting me back.

Finding them is what really is the problem, because I have to search in the SC original folders, and copy and paste each individual one into my DYMO machine.

If I don't get to print your Private messages to your cupids, please don't be upset with me.

Hopefully I can finish up tomorrow night after work.

Time to drive home! :)

It is fun doing all of this, I'm just tired... :)

Edited by Fluttershy

Hi everyone,

Here's what I've decided. I'm not going to ask for people for anymore money. It's taken a lot

of time going through emails, and placing emails in folders, etc. I'd rather not go through the new

I think I have enough to send everyone a bee. If not, I'll pay what little there is, out of pocket.

Printing out addresses is very time consuming, (I'm not complaining) so that's what's setting me back.

Finding them is what really is the problem, because I have to search in the SC original folders, and copy and paste each individual one into my DYMO machine.

If I don't get to print your Private messages to your cupids, please don't be upset with me.

Time to drive home! :(

It is fun doing all of this, I'm just tired... :huh:

Allie, we have all said it before at some point, thank you for everything you have done :) . Now go home and go to bed :) .

Hi everyone,

Time to drive home! :huh:

Wow Allie! I think we can all agree that receiving a Bee from our mission is an expession of gratitude in itself. You've done more than enough to make this experience fun for all of us. You don't have to burden yourself by worrying about the personal messages to our Cupids - the BEE says it all. :)

Sorry for the late posting. Having technical difficulty........My computer is heating up and shutting down whenever it wants to. Very frustrating. I have heard that Toshiba laptops are famous for overheating.... Of course I find that out after I bought one.

Also, Due to my chaotic life and lack of posting immediately, I may have mixed up two of my coins. I can't recall who sent which of these two. I'm taking a guess and posting what I think is correct. I apologize now in case I made an error. I truely appreciate your kindness and your generosity. All the coins sent to me are perfect. Thank you to both of my extra special secret cupids. :(

My Status:

Email Sent

Mission One Rec'd

Mission Two Rec'd

Mission One Sent -- February 6

Mission Two Sent -- February 6

Cupid Thank You Requested

I waited to ship my packages because I wanted them to be perfect...

:huh::):)

Secret Cupid #1 Arrived ~

I was so thrilled to receive from my first cupid:

~ Buffalo Wings 2006 Woot! Cant get enough of these coins!! Trying to get every coin made

by Team Sand Dollar - Buffalo Wings

~Anza-Borrego Desert I have wanted one of these ever since I found one in a cache.

~PassingWind OMG! Can't believe it! The ever elusive PassingWind coin! Awesome!

Thank you so much secret cupid #1! You must have read my mind. I was so happy to receive your package. I'm thrilled!!!!! WOW..... TYVM!

BEE on the lookout for a package from me sent via Fluttershy!

Secret Cupid #2 Arrived ~

The coins were cleverly delivered...

~ Buffalo Wings 2006 Woot! Cant get enough of these coins!! Trying to get every coin made

by Team Sand Dollar - Buffalo Wings

~ FlyinV A very cool coin I have been seeking. A wonderful addition to my

Collection.

~Dressel Dragon Copper Amazing coin. I don't know if it is supposed to have any glitter in the

eyes.

But, this coin has on flake of glitter in the left eye. When you wiggle the

coin around, makes the dragon look wicked cool!! I love it! Thank you so

much! I plan to hold on to it as tight as that dragon-hold on the ammo

can!

TYVM Secret Cupid #2. The way the coins were packaged made this way too much fun for me.

I got your package and ran home to open it with my husband. I unwrapped the gifts in the order specified. The wonderful card first, the first package ~a box of yummy chocolate, the second package ~another box of yummy chocolate, and then the final gift bag ~Jellybeans labeled extras, you think that may have been some sort of clue, hehehe. When I unwrapped the first box of candy, my husband opened it up and we indulged. Assuming the second box was candy too, I decided my cupid either was Allie sending me candy from her brother's address in Pa, or my secret cupid didn't have any extra coins to send for whatever reason and I was perfectly content with the little heart tokens in the card. To add to the confusion, I was really busy and unable to be online for the past 4 or 5 days. Also, I have been playing phone tag with Allie to ask about the package. Finally she gets a hold of me the other night. I told her I got her package and that I knew it was her! She denied sending it which made us both wonder who it was from. As I was telling her about how excited I was about the way the package was put together, I wanted to eat the other chocolates. I opened the box and........ Jellybeans and Geocoins!!!! WOOT!!! YEAH!!!! BTW, The jellybeans were the perfect flavors of wild blackberry, very cherry, and plum!! LOL! If you have followed the forums lately you'd see my secret cupid has a wonderful sense of humor. Allie and I laughed so hard. I found the coins about 24 hours after I opened the package everything was shipped in.

BEE on the lookout for a package from me sent via Fluttershy!

Allie, You Rock!! Thanks so much for starting Secret Cupid!!

Happy Valentines day Everyone!

Hi. I'd like to offer to make you a simple Database program to keep track of this should someone decided to do something similar in the future. I could imagine how time consuming all this can get. Before I spend the time on it, please let me know if you all think it would be beneficial. I could even do an import/update of records from a PayPal export to help make that portion a little easier.

Thanks.....Anthus

Hi everyone,

Time to drive home! :)

Hi. I'd like to offer to make you a simple Database program to keep track of this should someone decided to do something similar in the future. I could imagine how time consuming all this can get. Before I spend the time on it, please let me know if you all think it would be beneficial. I could even do an import/update of records from a PayPal export to help make that portion a little easier.

Thanks.....Anthus

I think anything you could do sounds wonderful. This time around is difficult, only by my course of action. 98% of the time I do not match people up with one another. This creates an element of surprise for all participants. however, the Thanking back part started, I had to look at my list as "Backwards" which was a bit difficult. The hardest thing is to find a correct address. For instance, on my list I keep a Caching Name, email, domestic or international mail preference, and the Caching name of who they're teamed up with. (adding a full address would have been too time consuming.) On a seperate word document, I keep a blank Mission page, where I just replace the Caching name & copy&paste the address.

Then I file the first email along with the address. I make the email exchanges, and that's it.

However, with the "Thanking" aspect, I have to backtrack all the way back to the address' in the file folders, and copy and paste each one into a DYMO machine. Adding the address isn't the difficult part, it is finding the correct address by looking up email address' on my list and then seaching individual emails.

I think what would be most helpful is to create a database where you can enter in an individual's name and come up with an address immediately... one that shows correctly, that can easily be copied and pasted.

Thanks! :)

When we arrived home last night Moun10Girl hands me a big manila envelope and says I think a magazine or something arrived for you. I couldn't think of anything I'd ordered, but something about it looked familiar. Hmmm.... Holy Smokes! It's a Geo-Valentine! Quickly throwing caution to the wind we tear the wrappings all to smithers and revel in the shiny glow of fresh new coins :) There looking out from his shiny gold coin was a Pirate of Harriman. Next we find a beautiful bronze Around the World in 80 Caches balloon and even a cool ballon pin. Bonus! And last, but not least, a Caching Through the Snow III. This one just killed me because I was so excited about going to this one and my plans got ruined. At least now we have the coin though to remind us to plan earlier next year :huh: I'm pretty sure I know who my cupid is so I'll just say "Thanks man, I'll remember to bring the flask again to our next bonfire :) " You made my week!

I keep reading about theses when they are being sent out... can someone let me know about the next one I would love to join in (not as an organizer but as a secret friend)

Thanks!

Cache Agent

I'll be hosting a Secret Bunny Geocoin Mission, will probably start the thread around the end of March, I'd be happy to let you know then!

I'll be hosting a Secret Bunny Geocoin Mission, will probably start the thread around the end of March, I'd be happy to let you know then!

With that in mind, I'll try to have the database ready by then. Anyone hosting such events is more than welcome to use the DB and to send it on to anyone else that could use it.

Anyone with suggestions on what fields / features to add to this DB/software program, please let me know (either email, PM, or start a new thread if it's ok with moderators). I want to make it simple to use but to contain the necessary fields and reports to help facilitate hosting.

Thanks...Anthus

:lol: WooHoo. I got coins from my 2nd Geocupid today! ;) I think I did very well, I got a Copper 07' South Carolina, a Copper Micro South Carolina, A Silver Micro South Carolina, A Gold Oakcoins Happy Holidays coin and a Silver Haughton's Hunters Four Peaks coin. For a total of 5!!! Outstanding job Cupid. I really appreciate you sending coins I haven't gotten. Very nice. Thank you so much for BEEing so good to me. ;)

Secret Cupid Strikes Again!!!

This afternoon, when I came home from work, my B/f was sitting at his desk and he glared at me as I entered the room. "I'm gonna burn it!" he snarled. "What?" I said and he turned my desk chair around to reveal a big package sitting on it. "I'm gonna burn it!" he snarled again. "Who's sending you packages? What's this Secret Cupid stuff?" So....

I just stuck my tongue out at him and proceeded to open the package. "You know about Secret Cupid" I said, "Hand me a knife so I can open this. They really did a great job taping it shut." "Whatchugetwhatchugetwhatchuget?" he said eagerly. I just stuck my tongue out at him again. "You're just going to have to wait & see now won't you. Burn my Secret Cupid package! Hah!!!" my turn to growl.

And what should our wondering eyes see once the package was opened?? Oh, my!!! Rainbows and stars flew out! And little chirping blue birds and.... No, I'm just kidding but it's actually pretty close, My secret Cupid went WAAAAAAYYYYY above and beyond the call of duty here!! Wow!!! You put a lot of thought into this one! Wow!!!

Not ONLY did I get a lovely Valentines card. Not ONLY was the box packed chock full of Valentines goodies, like a little box of chocolates, a package of hot chocolate and a chocolate filled spoon to stir it with, a set of red foil covered chocolate lips and an adorable cupid critter with a little (cache) container of candy hearts. Not ONLY was the box stuffed with pink and red crinkly paper shreds and red pink and white candycorn....

I ALSO got THREE FABULOUS GEOCOINS!!!

>>----> A Night Cachers Geocoin - love these coins that glo in the dark! :lol:

>>----> A Dorkfish Fishtank Geocoin - now I can give one of these to my B/f ( ;) if he stops snarling at me, that is... ;) )

AND

Last but not least (this coin could never be least)

>>----> A ginormous, huge, Copper Initial Point Benchmark Geocoin - Wow!! this thingy is huge!!

Thank you, thank you, Secret Cupid!! You really, really made my day! (If I'm not too late) BEE on the look out for a little TY sting! :lol:

Thanks again, Allie, for setting up this fun "game". You bring out the best in everyone!

And don't worry about my B/f. He was just kidding. He knows all about Secret Cupid (Santa, Bunny, etc). He is a cacher and a geocoin collector. He just doesn't visit the forums like I do and thus cannot participate.

CF30

WOW ! My cupid coins arrived today ! First I have to say THANKYOU VERY MUCH I LOVE THEM ALL THANKS AGAIN to my Secret Cupid ;);) !

I recived 3 fantastic coins and a valentine note with the coins that was also very nice.

The first coin I ripped from the package was an Anthus Decoder Silver LE then a Red Scout Knife

Silver and then the next was an other Anthus Decoder but this one was a Copper XLE only 10 minted WOW ! Did I say thanks yet ? THANKYOU AGAIN for the very nice coins to add to my collection I was so happy I had to show them to my muggle coworkers tonight :lol:

I think it is great that I have had the privlage of meeting both of the persons that I recived and sent my cupid coins to ! Whats the odds on that ?

It was very nice to meet you and trade coins with you at the TRIGO event you made a note of it in this post #507 I have to say THANKS AGAIN for some very awesome coins ! ! ! ! Thanks also to Allie for setting up the Secret Cupid coin trades !!!

Email Sent √

Mission Rec'd √

Mission Sent √

Cupid Arrived √

Cupid Thank You Bee postage Paid √

I'm still at my office Stuffing Envelopes...

I'm sorry, but I am not able to add your personal messages to your Cupids.

It's very time consuming to do each one, about 10 minutes, or more... and then I have to give my eyes

a rest...

So, I hope you don't mind, but I created a cute little poem, and that's the message for all.

please please please don't be upset. ;)

It's very time consuming to do each one, about 10 minutes, or more... and then I have to give my eyes

a rest...

So, I hope you don't mind, but I created a cute little poem, and that's the message for all.

please please please don't be upset. ;)

No I won't be upset at all!! Now Allie go home and check your mailbox!!!!!!!!

WOWOWOWOW! I just arrived home, and there were TWO Secret Cupid Packages waiting for me!!!

The First, which I thought was a Trade or a Gift, turned out to be a TRICK!

LOL... SummerandNana... you're Funny! NOW DENNIS... You have to send me

A Trade or a Gift! LOL :anitongue: You hear me, DENNIS???

So, I opened the lovely Package... and... the most wonderful things fell out.

Well, one Fell out immediately... A DNF! Is It Glow? Is it GLOW? I think it IS!!!!

And a Pretty Sharkz coin... ohhhhhhhh love it!

And an Alberta Wilde Rose Coin, wow, looking at all of those mosquitos on the back! lol.

You think that's spoiling me enough... right? Wrong!

Next, A Caching in the Leaves Coin & Pin set!

And a neat Siggy Patch, "Geocachers of the Bay Area".

I'm sooo happy... Thank you Nana & the Girls!!! :unsure:

Now, it's 2am and why am I eating candy... hmmm...

I think LadyBee4T has that answer!!! Wow... Beautiful packaging and candy galore!

A nice wrapped present, full of what? A '06 Silver Compass Rose??? I never thought I would get one!

I said out loud... "What???"

And then awww... A LadyBee4T, which is now one of my favorite coins! It's sooo BEEautiful!

Thank you, Thank you!!!

But there's more! A Satin Silver "I Love Geocoins"... YAY! And I can't believe it, a Nickel Dorkfish!!!

I'm really spoiled tonight... Thank you to all Three of my Secret Cupids!

Yours were mailed out tonight... Ranger216, you too... I had to grab you and be your SC, because

You were so nice to me at Christmas with your coins.

So bee prepared to be stung... several times! lol.

Thank you, Thank you... goodnight! <_<

Love,

Fluttershy

Edited by Fluttershy

a rest...

please please please don't be upset. :anitongue:

Oh please! With all of the hard work that you put into this...how could we be upset with you!

WOW ! My cupid coins arrived today ! First I have to say THANKYOU VERY MUCH I LOVE THEM ALL THANKS AGAIN to my Secret Cupid <_<:anitongue: !

You are welcome! When I got your name as my mission I was excited because I had just met you a few days earlier at a GC event. I think Allie has a special ability to know these things :unsure:

Remember, you still have another coin coming. :anibad: I didn't get it from a trade yet. I'll mail it to you as soon as it get it.

Please don't feel sorry about it! We all understand. You have already done so much. I appreciate everything you've done to make this happen for it would be impossible if it were not for people like you. This was a lot of fun and I cannot wait to participate in the next one.

a rest...

please please please don't be upset. <_<

I wondered what you were thinking when you said to add a message! :unsure: Thank you for all you've done! :anitongue:

WOWOWOWOW! I just arrived home, and there were TWO Secret Cupid Packages waiting for me!!!

Thank you, Thank you... goodnight! :anitongue:

Love,

Fluttershy

I am so glad you got to do the Happy Dance last night, you really deserve all the gifts. I was beginning to worry, as mine took a loooonnnnggg time to get there. Watch the mail, there might just be one more little thingy coming your way <_<

Happy Valentines and Have a great weekend Allie

Charlene

Edited by summerandnana

Cupid arrived today!

Cupid must have done some extensive research, and I'm impressed! I received four coins that I didn't have, and they are great coins. Thank you so much! The box of candy hearts was an added treat.

In my package was:

Fazanten's Walking Boots

British Bulldogs

Greensfgiant/sfwife's Free the Cache

Aladdin's Mushroom

I can't thank you enough for your thoughtfulness in putting together my gift.

Greetings, Would like to thank my Cupid, Reasearch was done and was sent 3 coins I did not have :P

Nutlady, I'm nuts about it ;)

The SoMDCachers ARGGGG Love Pirate's and coins related :huh:

AT West Virginia and pin , Now you have done it I have to start collecting these now ;)

AND Lovely sig items Thanks go out to ScoutingWV for being my cupid <_<

And many thanks to Allie for bringing together another great coin give away for all !! ;)

Glenn

Didn't get much done this week since I came down with pneumonia right after completing an exceptional 3 way trade for my secret cupid at the begining of the week............ I was so sick I didn't even check my e-mail or try and get in on the latest Coins and Pins sale!! I guess it all worked out, because an other trade that I had been waiting for finally arrived on Thursday. With trades finally in hand my secret cupid package was sent out on friday; I am pretty sure it will still make it in time. My package also arrived this week. I don't even know which day because the week was pretty much just a blur. Just what I wanted!!!!!!!!! A Geocaching Dragon, a blue Magic geocoin and an "I Love Geocoins". Thank You Very Much Secret Cupid!!!! I love them all!

Ok... I'm about to go to the post office. Here are the results:

I am mailing 109 coins out today!

Everyone received at least 1 coin.

People who participated twice, received two coins.

There were very few Nickel left, so not many will receive the Nickel.

The people who participated twice, will receive 2 gold, or 1 Gold and 1 BN.

All International Mailings are through Registered mail.

Sorry, but if you don't receive your Bee, I can't replace it. I have 20 left for trades,

and 25 are going to to the Coin fest for trades, (With Jolene, crazycavelover)

Thank you everyone, for participating in Secret Cupid!

Have a Wonderful Valentine's Day! BEE My Geocacher! :)

Love,

Fluttershy

NOW DENNIS... You have to send me

A Trade or a Gift! LOL :) You hear me, DENNIS???

What did I do now :mad: ??? I hear you but what did I do? Be careful what you ask for. Last time you received more than 7 times what you asked for :cry: .

Ohhh, I thought you were in on it.. that's even more funny. Summerandnana used an envelope addressed from you and then mailed to me last week. I thought that You mailed me a Trade or a Gift, Dennis.

I was surprised to open the envelope and find that it was a wonderful SC package from Summerandnana instead. I was tricked! :)

Oh, ok... I wish for... hmmmmm YIMES!!!!!!! :mad:

Wow! My secret cupid is the bestest!

I can't believe this package!

SC sent me one of the new Alaska Micros, with a couple of pins!

And one to send out to travel!

A 2005 UK coin!

A Caught Red Handed coin!

and OMG! A Katrina Relief coin!

I can't believe it!!!!

I can't thank you enough!!!!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Edited by MustangJoni

My Secret Cupid has great aim and great taste !

All the way from New Zealand, straight into my mailbox ! :) Excellent !

And the coins are great too !

- Sylvan Seekers

- The Golden State

- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park

Luck, Gold and Warmth ! What more can I want for Valentines day ! :mad:

Thanks !

NOW DENNIS... You have to send me

A Trade or a Gift! LOL :mad: You hear me, DENNIS???

What did I do now :) ??? I hear you but what did I do? Be careful what you ask for. Last time you received more than 7 times what you asked for :cry: .

Ohhh, I thought you were in on it.. that's even more funny. Summerandnana used an envelope addressed from you and then mailed to me last week. I thought that You mailed me a Trade or a Gift, Dennis.

I was surprised to open the envelope and find that it was a wonderful SC package from Summerandnana instead. I was tricked! B)

Oh, ok... I wish for... hmmmmm YIMES!!!!!!! :mad:

:) Ooops, guess I didn't recycle that envelope properly, sorry Damenace and Fluttershy.

:D On another note, I got my package from Fluttershy today, you are just way too generous. The coins are soooooooooo beautiful. Sorry you won't be at Geocoinfest so I could thank you in person. Hope to meet ya someday.

Charlene (summerandnana)

PS Just love those candy hearts - Happy Valentines Day

Edited by summerandnana

WOW...cupids arrow hit its mark! We received:

I Love Geocoins

Holiday 2006 - GeoNose

Mertat

2007 ParentsofSAM - Madelyn

2007 ParentsofSAM - Ashley

2007 ParentsofSAM - Samantha

AND chocolate (mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)!

I could not believe all of the goodies in that little box! I only have 2 things to say...

ch-t01.gifch-h01.gifch-a01.gifch-n01.gifch-k01.gifch-s01.gif

AND

bee.jpg on the lookout for a Valentine thanks!