Admin forgetting about my cache?

NickRac

I submitted a cache for approval about a week ago - within less than a day one of the admins contacted me with a generic email saying they needed clarification on how the cache was hidden...I promptly emailed them in return explaining that it was a simple magnetic keybox hidden on the back side of a guard rail.

Since then a number of caches in my area have been approved, but I have not yet heard back from the admin who approves them...

Any suggestions?

Nick

Maybe........just maybe....... even your reviewer is fed up with uninteresting.... magnet on a roadside guardrail type of caches.....

Move it off the road..... 50, 150 even 25 feet!..... give it a reason to be there!

:)

Don't just place your caches "because you can".... some people actually like a HUNT not just a number affair.

Maybe........just maybe....... even your reviewer is fed up with uninteresting.... magnet on a roadside guardrail type of caches.....

Move it off the road..... 50, 150 even 25 feet!..... give it a reason to be there!

Don't just place your caches "because you can".... some people actually like a HUNT not just a number affair.

I'm pretty sure that reviewers base their decisions on whether the cache meets the guidelines, not their personal aesthetic. Edited by sbell111

Caches are not judged on their quality, but rather upon the listing guidelines.

I took a look at the OP's cache, and I see that it was submitted on January 16th. That's not really "a week ago." Many volunteers take Friday to Sunday for family activities and geocaching, and then tackle their volunteer work on Sunday evenings and Monday, to handle the new submissions over the weekend.

The issue with this cache is not that it's placed on a guardrail, but rather whether there is a safe and legal means of accessing it.

DON'T email. Post a reviewer's note on the cache page. Look on your cache page. It should show 1 person watching your unpublished cache. Uhhh, that's the reviewer. :)

This does not apply for Nevada or Arizona. Use e-mail... or both.

Sometimes e-mail does get lost in the shuffle, as mine did a few weekago when my ISP was having issues. If you don't get response in a couple days, send another e-mail. After a couple more days try again, then after making suyre you covered the bases on your end, e-mail contact at geocaching.com

DON'T email. Post a reviewer's note on the cache page. Look on your cache page. It should show 1 person watching your unpublished cache. Uhhh, that's the reviewer. :blink:

Sometimes e-mail does get lost in the shuffle, as mine did a few weekago when my ISP was having issues. If you don't get response in a couple days, send another e-mail. After a couple more days try again, then after making suyre you covered the bases on your end, e-mail contact at geocaching.com

Sorry,

The Texas and California reviewers have me well trained. :blink:

I gots my head right boss. No more nights in THE BOX for this cacher. I don't run no mo and I can't eat no 50 eggs. :)

In fact, the OP's cache reviewer prefers e-mail, and says so in the note left on the cache page. So the OP responded correctly. Sometimes forwarding a copy with a reminder does the trick. When I get those, I say "oops, has it really been six days?" and I bump the question up to the top of the list.

I took a look at the OPs single hide because of this uncalled for sarcastic remark.

Some folks take the time to PLAN their cache hunts. They don't just cache willy-nilly and blame the hider for their experiences.

The hider is playing a game called geocaching. They are evidently playing it right because their cache was approved.

You are also playing a GAME (sport/hobby/obsession/etc.) evidently called MY version of Geocaching 1.5, or maybe even 2.O. You seem to be failing at your game if you are not able to enjoy it.

"Failure is a hard pill to swallow until you realize the only failure you can really have in this sport is the failure to enjoy yourself."

TotemLake 4/26/04

Edited by Snoogans

To the OP.....you said that you were worried that the reviewer forgot about your cache listing after you emailed him/her! Be sure that you include the GC# for the cache that you are referencing to when emailing any reviewer. Their are so many caches out there and if you are responding to a reviewer note that was left on your cache listing and you say "Hello, in response to the note you left on the cache The End of the Road, I wanted to let you know that the cache is in a key holder in a guardrail."

The reviewer is going to be like.... :) .....because their are a bunch of caches out there that have "The End of the Road" in the title! If you include the waypoint (GC) code in the email, then the reviewer is going to be like.... :blink: ......because waypoint codes work a lot like snowflakes! No two are exactally the same.

In fact, the OP's cache reviewer prefers e-mail, and says so in the note left on the cache page. So the OP responded correctly. Sometimes forwarding a copy with a reminder does the trick. When I get those, I say "oops, has it really been six days?" and I bump the question up to the top of the list.

Try posting a reviewer note to the cache listing. I am sure that if you sent a generic email they had no idea as to which listing you were talking about.

That is exactly what I was about to write as well, until I saw that Bogleman had beat me to it! In general, reviewer notes are a much better way to communicate with reviewers than emails.

If I remember correctly, the reviewers aren't automatically notifed of reviewer notes posted to the cache page. That's because there is no real way of knowing at all times what reviewer will be handling a specific cache. Like PA has 3 different reviewers, I think. So unless the reviewer adds the cache to his watchlist he will never see the note.

DON'T email. Post a reviewer's note on the cache page. Look on your cache page. It should show 1 person watching your unpublished cache. Uhhh, that's the reviewer. :)

Sorry,

The Texas and California reviewers have me well trained. :blink:

I gots my head right boss. No more nights in THE BOX for this cacher. I don't run no mo and I can't eat no 50 eggs. :blink:

Nice Cool Hand Luke. I think...

Our reviewer happens to prefer emails more than notes left on the cache page. If your's likes the same then email him or her with any questions. Be sure to include the cache's GC number for reference.

I stand corrected.

Our reviewer does prefer a reviewer note to be used when the cache in question is waiting to be listed. Email is the way to go on any cache that has already been approved... :laughing:

:huh:

That is the silliest thing I have read on here in a long, long time. Congrats!

Try posting a reviewer note to the cache listing. I am sure that if you sent a generic email they had no idea as to which listing you were talking about.

That is exactly what I was about to write as well, until I saw that Bogleman had beat me to it! In general, reviewer notes are a much better way to communicate with reviewers than emails.

Vinny,

I use the reviewer note method but I must put the cache on my watchlist in order to see them. As stated above, not all reviewers do this, so it's best to follow the instructions given whether to use direct email, reviewer note, or something else.

Mopar hit it on the head--we don't get reviewer notes (or needs maintenance logs as suggested in another thread) automatically, only needs archived logs.

Quiggle

because waypoint codes work a lot like snowflakes! No two are exactally the same.

Actually.... :huh:

Well at least it is an old adage statement....I don't think their is any record of a waypoint code being the same, and if their is such a thing I would be thrown back in my seat if the alike waypoint codes have alike cache names. Chances are, if you refer to the cache name plus waypoint code to a reviewer they are going to know excatly which cache you are talking about.