Dorkfish Fishtank coins have shipped!

dorkfish

Yep, that's right, the coins have shipped. I received them yesterday afternoon and have managed to mail out to every single person who has paid and who I had trades with. Most of the international orders went out yesterday and the rest were mailed today. I also mailed out all of the trade coins too.

Jamie at the Mad Hatter's Neverland did an amazing job with the design of the coin. Helen & Chris with Landsharkz.ca were so wonderful to work with. The coins look identical to Jamie's artwork, which is truely incredible. I honestly have no idea how they pulled it off. I think everyone will love these coins. Thank you Jamie, Chris & Helen, you three were so wonderful to work with. I cannot wait to do it again :blink:

I am still waiting for payment from a few folks. If you've notified me that you are sending a check or will make a payment at a later date, I've made a note of that, no worries. I will be contacting the rest of the folks today to make sure they are still interested.

At this point I am no longer taking orders. I have a few coins leftover but they are going on ebay. The coins weighed almost twice as much as I had estimated, which means I paid alot more for shipping than I charged. The international orders really hurt. I am going to be selling some coins on ebay to try and recoup my losses. If anyone is planning on selling these coins on ebay, I'd suggest waiting a month at least before doing so. That way you will be able to make more money than what I'm listing mine for.

I had set aside a few coins for trading. Later tonite, I will be posting what I have and what I'd really like to have on the trading forum. There are also a few seahorses I've set aside for trades too. If you think we had arranged a trade and haven't heard from me, please send me an email right away. Most people I had trades with should have received an email from me within the last week letting them know I am shipping their coins.

Thank you everyone for all of your compliments on this coin. I appreciate all of the nice feedback I have received. Jamie and I spent a lot of time designing this coin & I think our hard work really paid off. I don't think anyone will be dissappointed. If anyone is, I'll gladly buy back the coins :laughing:

For those special few who received the LE coins, congrats! They turned out so nice. The glow coins are so cool looking! Thanks again everyone!

At this time, I do not have any extra coins available. I reserved 17 extra coins that didn't sell on the forums to sell on ebay at a quick buy it now price. I listed 5 coins last night at $17.50 with the chance to win a Seahorse coin. Those auctions have ended. I am getting ready to list 6 more coins with another chance to win a Seahorse. When those end I will list 6 more coins and then my extra black nickel coins will be gone.

However, there are a few people who have reserved coins and I have yet to hear anything from them. I have sent each person two invoices and an email too. If I do not hear back from those people by the end of this week, I will offer those here on the forums. I am putting together a waiting list. If you'd like your name added to the waiting list send me an email. I cannot guarantee anything though.

I'm so glad everyone who has received their coins likes them :D

edited for my inability to spell things

Edited by dorkfish

I'm a her, lol. I'm not sure why most people think dorkfish is a guy, but I promise I'm not one.

I just double checked & you paid for two coins. Congrats on one of the LE's. Did you get a glow coin or an antique silver?

Got mine here in AZ. They do look great, and I got 1 regular and 1 LE. I think I got the bonus coin because I don't recall paying for two coins!

Lucky day! Thank you Mr. Fish (I just don't feel right calling you Dork) :rolleyes:

Hmmm, opened the mailbox and pulled out a couple of bills, two of my magazine subscriptions and figured that was it.... but, there on the very bottom was the envelope containing my fishtanks! Karma, they are beautiful! Thanks for yet another great coin. BTW, what's next?

Shhhh, it's a secret. But they should be in hands by the end of May. :rolleyes:

I'm a her, lol. I'm not sure why most people think dorkfish is a guy, but I promise I'm not one.

I just double checked & you paid for two coins. Congrats on one of the LE's. Did you get a glow coin or an antique silver?

Got mine here in AZ. They do look great, and I got 1 regular and 1 LE. I think I got the bonus coin because I don't recall paying for two coins!

Lucky day! Thank you Mr. Fish (I just don't feel right calling you Dork) :rolleyes:

Sorry about the gender mixup. I think it's less a name thing than a hobby thing. For some reason, and I can't say why, but coin collecting seems more like a male thing to me. Though I KNOW there are many women collection geocoins (yes..as well as other coins).

As for the coins, if I paid for 2, then I didn't get a bonus. I thought I had purchased one so when two showed up, I figured I had gotten one of the bonus LEs.

OK, editing to add this...

I will also be producing a small amount of LE coins, half of these coins will be mixed in with the black nickel coins & randomly included with orders of 2 or more coins.

So, it looks like I DID get an LE if I'm seeing this right. Apparently it's not that I would have gotten 3 coins, I just would have gotten an LE and a "standard". Well, I have a black nickel and an Antique Silver LE. I don't see any GITD ink on it, and the edges are definitely AS.

Thanks!

Edited by Haughton's Hunters

These coins are GORGEOUS!! I love the beach and the ocean and scuba diving, and these coins have just become my favorite! Oh, and I got an LE glow-in-the-dark coin, too!!!! Gee, I can't decide if I'll let ToriExplorer have it for her collection, or just be selfish and keep it for mine! She IS a good daughter, but..... :rolleyes:

Thanks, Karma, for making such a beautiful coin!

:rolleyes:

do the glow LEs have a different finish as well, and do they glow on both sides? i just don't know what to look for before I activate one of them, and put the other two in the trade bag...

The LEs have some slightly different colors on the corals, and a silver (or nickel) finish.

Oh, and they glow in the dark!

Edited by MommyFinder

do the glow LEs have a different finish as well, and do they glow on both sides? i just don't know what to look for before I activate one of them, and put the other two in the trade bag...

The LEs have some slightly different colors on the corals, and a silver (or nickel) finish.

i *knew* that they were glow in the dark, just couldn't find a place dark enough in the house to test them out :huh:

Thanks!!

i *knew* that they were glow in the dark, just couldn't find a place dark enough in the house to test them out :huh:

Thanks!!

Tee hee!

:huh:

i *knew* that they were glow in the dark, just couldn't find a place dark enough in the house to test them out B)

Thanks!!

Tee hee!

B)

I think Mommyfinder did a great job answering the questions, but just in case there are anymore:

The glow coins have a nickel finish that looks really similar to the antique silver coins & you'd most likely know if you had one. The red coral is a pinkish color instead. But the large piece of coral in the middle really glows brightly. I can put mine under a bright light & then walk into the hallway & see that part glowing. They glow on both sides too. :huh:

My 9 year old walked into my office today and saw them sitting on my desk. (He hasn't gotten his yet). He picked mine up and said "Dorkfish did these?" and I said "yep!!" and he said "geesh, she does good on all her coins, huh mom?" and I said "she sure does!!!!"

ps ~ He will be happy on Valentine's day to get his fish tank too :huh:

My 9 year old walked into my office today and saw them sitting on my desk. (He hasn't gotten his yet). He picked mine up and said "Dorkfish did these?" and I said "yep!!" and he said "geesh, she does good on all her coins, huh mom?" and I said "she sure does!!!!"

ps ~ He will be happy on Valentine's day to get his fish tank too B)

that is so sweet! :huh:

Stop it guys... please.... Mine not arrived here in the keewee nest yet... but all the comments are causing me to drool...

Sorry, but here's another cause for more drooling; we got ours! :D They actually came a couple of days ago, but I've just been too busy to look at our mail the past couple of days. Anyway, these are beautiful :D And thank you so much for the glow-in-the-dark one! That's a nice touch. Sharon will be thrilled when she gets home from her biz trip.