Keswick Event 2007

The Golem

Hi

I'd like to organise another camping event in Keswick this summer but I'd prefer not to clash with another event. Is there a list available of all forthcoming events? I know about theInternational Geocaching Event Calender but I was wondering if there's one specifically for the UK...

Hope someone can help - Scaw - no excuses this year... :blink:

Edited to add: I hope to use the Hollows Farm campsite again and perhaps the Scafell Hotel at Rosthwaite.

Edited by The Golem

Hi

I'd like to organise another camping event in Keswick this summer but I'd prefer not to clash with another event. Is there a list available of all forthcoming events? I know about theInternational Geocaching Event Calender but I was wondering if there's one specifically for the UK...

Hope someone can help - Scaw - no excuses this year... :blink:

Edited to add: I hope to use the Hollows Farm campsite again and perhaps the Scafell Hotel at Rosthwaite.

Would love to attend as this would be my first event, however, as an oldy with dodgy legs, what sort of walk height are we looking at?

Right then - here's a date for your diary... :laughing:

Sunday 3rd of June 2007 - Camping and Caching in Cumbria. The event will be at the Scafell Hotel deep in the Borrowdale valley and if your sleeping under canvas we'll be camping at Hollows Farm again.

The event.

I hope you can attend, if you have any questions please get in touch via my profile.

Paul

Thought I'd give this thread a little bump - wouldn't want you to forget about it... :(

I went for a walk around Derwentwater today, exploring some of the places that I could hide some new caches. Now, the thing is there are already plenty of good caches around Keswick and Borrowdale, I wondered whether it would be possible to put out a few short-lived caches, I could hide them a week or two before the event then remove them after perhaps 3 months. Would this be permissable?

I don't just want to leave a micro in every hollow tree... :(

Paul

Forgive me if I'm being ignorant... why would we not want to camp at hollows farm, but camp at Low manesty????

I'd MUCH prefer to camp with everyone else!

Looking at a general campsite page it looks like Hollows Farm do not take caravans, hence The Golem's post. I think they are ok for campervans, though correct me if I am wrong.

We should be coming (in our new VW camper)... just need to do some planning, but I have booked the time off work :rolleyes:

Helen

Paul

Forgive me if I'm being ignorant... why would we not want to camp at hollows farm, but camp at Low manesty????

I'd MUCH prefer to camp with everyone else!

Looking at a general campsite page it looks like Hollows Farm do not take caravans, hence The Golem's post. I think they are ok for campervans, though correct me if I am wrong.

We should be coming (in our new VW camper)... just need to do some planning, but I have booked the time off work :grin:

Helen

It's ok - I forgive you Hazel... :rolleyes::lol:

Helen's correct - I had a request for information about the nearest caravan site.

Edited by The Golem

Thanks for the bump :anicute:

I've checked the forecast for next weekend but it seems it could go either way - perhaps MrsB would kindly share her boudoir with any cachers whose tent is blown away :unsure::anicute:

I'll be at the site from Thursday evening, the group field is the first on the left as you enter the site - look out for the Geocaching logo :anibad:

Home again after a great weekend. Thanks to everyone who attended, some of them are still out there caching as I type this. The weather held off for most of the weekend, apart from a light shower as we sat in the garden of the pub - it wouldn't be the Lake District if we didn't have any rain!