GPS Thieves Caught

It may be useful here to realize that the items stolen were aparently not GPS receivers, but rather GPS tracking transmitter devices, used to allow city managers to track whereabouts of city vehicles. It was the GPS tracking/transmitter function which allowed city officials and police to track down the stolen devices.

Thank you for clearing that up. I didn't think receivers could be tracked. News article was unclear/uneducated.

It may be useful here to realize that the items stolen were aparently not GPS receivers, but rather GPS tracking transmitter devices, used to allow city managers to track whereabouts of city vehicles. It was the GPS tracking/transmitter function which allowed city officials and police to track down the stolen devices.

Thank you for clearing that up. I didn't think receivers could be tracked. News article was unclear/uneducated.

Still a bit of entertainment, mildly related in my book.

Cell phones can be tracked too. I have that option on my daughter's cell phone. Not so much to know her where abouts but because she is directionally challenged. The girl gets lost going from home to church. We have lived in the same house and attended the same church every Sunday since she was born 16 years ago. And it is only 2 miles. I will probably be buying her a GPS for her car in the near future.