Garmin Rino 120 New

You'll likely have to be a little flexible and lower it to under 200 for it to sell here as Amazon has it for $194.98

Well all I have to say is this:

First off, it is selling for $492 with a savings of 150 down from 600 and some change.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002J1MQ...creative=380341

The one you mention is under the used/new(as in Referb)

Second,

http://www.garmin.com/products/rino120/

Garmin's main page listes it for $267.84 suggested retail

So I have to ask you,

Sir do you have any intention of purchasing this from me? If not, then don't post. You could have simpley Emailed me with this info as my email is posted.

Billfrombyron@aol.com

Why do people have to stir someone elses koolaid?

not trying to be mean, but this type of post is irritating.

And as to the flexibility of the price, it is a fair price and is cheaper than at every store ive looked. If amazon has it cheaper, then go for it, otherwise there was no need to post your comment at all.

Stay in your lane in the future please.

-Bill

Edited by billfrombyron

So I should take a loss is what your saying? Ive got nothing but time, its not going anywhere, and I am stationed in korea, so I have nothing better than to wait. I will Take an Ipod in trade though, straight up. I appriciate your enthusiasm, but I would never do that to someone else. Its like undercuting someone. an Email would have been a more approperate form of corospondance. I do understand the price was for a 2 pack. Did you notice that I also listed the price for a single unit as well from the garmin site? I listed bolth. So I even provided a potential customer with a method(assuming brains here) to scroll down the page and see.

The $230 price was inclusive of shipping as well. Im already taking a loss on the unit by selling it at that price. My Ipod burned up, so I need a new one and as they are of similar value is why I listed it. Now Im goint to try this again, only this time when I repost, please do not post a message unless you had any intention of purchase.

I'm not trying to come down on you, nor am I screwing anyone on the deal. If you can get it cheaper, then DO SO. Would you like it if I saw something you had listed and said "it can be had for a penny instead?" or would you simpley prefer that I take you aside via privet communication and give you this information? Just a thought. Put your self in someone elses shoes for a change.

-Bill

Edited by billfrombyron

You'll likely have to be a little flexible and lower it to under 200 for it to sell here as Amazon has it for $194.98

So I have to ask you,

Sir do you have any intention of purchasing this from me? If not, then don't post. You could have simpley Emailed me with this info as my email is posted.

Billfrombyron@aol.com

Why do people have to stir someone elses koolaid?

not trying to be mean, but this type of post is irritating.

And as to the flexibility of the price, it is a fair price and is cheaper than at every store ive looked. If amazon has it cheaper, then go for it, otherwise there was no need to post your comment at all.

Stay in your lane in the future please.

-Bill

WOW!!! That's a pretty nasty reply to a fella that was only giving you some advice to help you sell your gps!! And good advice at that. Your GPS will not sell for the price you are asking. They are commonly sold NEW and NOT refurbished for less than $175. I think he was quite polite in his advice to you.

OK, apparently everyone missed the point. lets try it again. Rather than undermining my sale on this post, it would have been more appropriate to simply EMAIL me. Yet instead you posted here for everyone to see. its called undercutting, and it is disrespectful. You may not view it as such, but I do. If you had to make a certain amount of money to make something work, and I knew it was cheaper somewhere else, I would take you Aside from public view, not in front of a potential customer. Do you now see? Email is privet and not for everyone to see, yet you insist thus making me look like a price monger and a fool. IT IS disrespectful. Yet you persist. Try it this way plain and simple, if its not your lane stay out. Does this make my point? Obviously you didn't read my post or comprehend what I was trying to say. Be considerate of others. And its not a nasty reply, its called being candid, try it some time as it simplifies life.

My reply is NOT about the price of the unit, simply instructing YOU how to handle a situation since you obviously don't know simple courtesy. As for selling it at $175 Why on god's green earth would I take a $75 Loss to make someone happy? The price includes shipping, yet you haven't even sent a message. The day I need advice on how to sell something, I will ask.

I tend to be a direct person, tact is beyond me and my job. If you are offended, then I'm sorry. Maybe then you know how I feel when I get someone doing this to me.

Its not about the price, its about being disrespectful which both of you have been.

And in the future if you do not understand, then Email me and I will explain myself further. This is not a post that should be taking place in front of people. I did clearly state Email with any questions right? or is that somehow being missed? Yet you constantly persist on bothering me and trying to wreck a potential sale. I think both of you should very politely stay in your lane.

I am not an unreasonable man, but your advice should have been sent via privet communication.

-Bill

Edited by billfrombyron

Actually, I appreciated what that poster posted. And yes, it "undermined" your attempt to sell a GPS unit at an inflated price. If I had been the buyer (unlikely because I check prices too), I would have had almost immediate buyer's remorse--and would have thought very less of you; a feeling apparently that you wouldn't mind since you are hoping to pull one over uneducated buyers and people like that, I've found, are often callous about their impact on other people's lives.

Good luck in selling your GPS.

To others: caveat emptor.

Actually, I appreciated what that poster posted. And yes, it "undermined" your attempt to sell a GPS unit at an inflated price. If I had been the buyer (unlikely because I check prices too), I would have had almost immediate buyer's remorse--and would have thought very less of you; a feeling apparently that you wouldn't mind since you are hoping to pull one over uneducated buyers and people like that, I've found, are often callous about their impact on other people's lives.

I am a new user to GPS 's and don't know much about them and only once in awhile get here on the forum

to read the GPS Garage Sale .

I REALLY APPRECIATE THE MEMBERS WHO TELL US NEW USERS IF WE ARE GOING TO GET SCRE_ _ _

AND NOT ENJOY IT BY PAYING WAY MORE THAN A UNIT IS REALLY WORTH.

This being said. I am a biker and went on our forum and wanted to purchase a GPS and as far as i am concerned got SCRE_ _ _ by a fellow member. When i wrote him with my prob. he said that the unit was a O-K when he sent it. So as i see it any member should be ALLOWED to burn all assh_ _ _ s we are trying to SCRE _ me or other new members.

HURRAH for speaking out and SCRE _ you money gouging sellers.

DON

1) I am Not callous with other peoples lives, Its My Job to take care of other peoples lives.

2) Its not over inflated. Go to a local store and check for your self. So I don't shop on the Internet and Id rather give my money to a local store than the great Amazon gods, so would many others id bet.

As to trying to pull one over on uneducated buyers, I'm not that either. It is open to trade and 10 to 1 if you were to Email me, Id work something out like lowering the price. the entire point I have tried to make is obviously lost on you people, so we will skip that. I'm not out to screw anybody and if someone emailed me an offer less than the listed price, then I'm open to negotiation. I don't discuss business in front of general public, its just how its done in the civil world. You people treat me like I'm a Ebay baron or gouger. Have you considered where I have to ship it from? I'm stationed in Korea, shipping is expensive and I am including it in the price, I'm actually loosing money on it as it is. How is that screwing or price gouging? put some more thought into flaming someone before taking into consideration the circumstances.

I'm not screwing anyone by offering to take a trade. I'm open to negotiation, but instead of trying that route you just label me a price gouger. That's very 10th grade of you.

You are the one who needs his head checked. Sorry I can't do business with you, or anyone else here apparently. Not because of lack of responses, but because of lack of class on your part. I've tried to be as honest as possible, and straight to the point, but you still don't get it so I'm going to be the bigger of us and walk away.

I would be lying if I said that accusing me of being callous with other peoples lives didn't hurt, As an NCO that's what I do, take care of soldiers and bring them home. You have no merit on which to base that statement on and are just trying to lash out, that's fine do what you do and I will continue to do what I do.

As to the price gouging, Find it at a local store and tell me its over inflated. I looked when I was on leave and couldn't find it any cheaper than $260 at the local bass pro shops store. Excuse me for not looking on the net, as I prefer to live my life outside of the computer screen.

-Bill

1) I am Not callous with other peoples lives, Its My Job to take care of other peoples lives.

2) Its not over inflated. Go to a local store and check for your self. So I don't shop on the Internet and Id rather give my money to a local store than the great Amazon gods, so would many others id bet.

As to trying to pull one over on uneducated buyers, I'm not that either. It is open to trade and 10 to 1 if you were to Email me, Id work something out like lowering the price. the entire point I have tried to make is obviously lost on you people, so we will skip that. I'm not out to screw anybody and if someone emailed me an offer less than the listed price, then I'm open to negotiation. I don't discuss business in front of general public, its just how its done in the civil world. You people treat me like I'm a Ebay baron or gouger. Have you considered where I have to ship it from? I'm stationed in Korea, shipping is expensive and I am including it in the price, I'm actually loosing money on it as it is. How is that screwing or price gouging? put some more thought into flaming someone before taking into consideration the circumstances.

I'm not screwing anyone by offering to take a trade. I'm open to negotiation, but instead of trying that route you just label me a price gouger. That's very 10th grade of you.

You are the one who needs his head checked. Sorry I can't do business with you, or anyone else here apparently. Not because of lack of responses, but because of lack of class on your part. I've tried to be as honest as possible, and straight to the point, but you still don't get it so I'm going to be the bigger of us and walk away.

I would be lying if I said that accusing me of being callous with other peoples lives didn't hurt, As an NCO that's what I do, take care of soldiers and bring them home. You have no merit on which to base that statement on and are just trying to lash out, that's fine do what you do and I will continue to do what I do.

As to the price gouging, Find it at a local store and tell me its over inflated. I looked when I was on leave and couldn't find it any cheaper than $260 at the local bass pro shops store. Excuse me for not looking on the net, as I prefer to live my life outside of the computer screen.

-Bill

How I see it is you are now saying that you will negotiate, but in your initial post you said "Price is $230 Firm". To me that is not negotiable and if I can find it somewhere else such as Amazon (or a few other places online) for less then I wouldn't bother sending you an email to see if you were negotiable or not. You even back up the fact that you are not negotiable by saying that you will increase the price by the amount that PayPal will take from you.

I myself appreciate that the poster pointed out that you may have a better time in selling your item if you lowered your price, I would appreciate it if someone pointed it out to me that I was selling an item that is cheaper elsewhere and basically giving me a hint that if I wanted to sell it quickly then I will have to possibly take a loss. You mention that you have nothing but time to sell this, well here is some more advice and you can do with it as you wish... the price elsewhere will only get lower. Meaning the quicker you sell it the more money you will recover from your initial purchase, especially electronics.

I don't believe that anyone was labeling you as a price gouger, they were just giving you some friendly advice that if someone was looking for this particular GPS unit that they may not purchase it from you as they would be able to purchase it almost anywhere else for either the same price or cheaper.

I appreciate that you don't want to lose money in your initial investment, nobody does but if you arn't going to use it and it will just sit there and depreciate then most people will want to recover as much as they can by actually selling it and not having it sit around for a long time and then eventually selling it for half the price that they could have if they just lowered their price. If you look anywhere on the net, if you are trying to personally sell an item, you usually have to offer lower than people can buy anywhere because they will go for the lower price 8 out of 10 times.

As you, I would probably be inclined to make a purchase from a local retailer if I found it to be close to the same price as what I can find it online, because I know that if I have a problem with it I can return it. Heck, if you don't want to lose any money, why don't you return it to where you purchased it? If it's unopened as you say then you shouldn't have any problem unless you got it on a final sale somewhere, where at that point you would have received a better deal than what you are implying you did when you purchased it.

I'm not labeling you, I'm not flaming you. I just am pointing out that if you want to sell something online, you will probably have to find a more friendly price or state that you are open to negotiation from the start.

-Lackie

Regardless the Seller can price his item whatever he wants. If it doesn't sell it doesn't sell. If it does, well that even better. I have sold items here before and had good experiences.

I mean if I went to the physical store and spent $400 on a gps unit, then realized I didn't want it and I could not return it for some reason. I would want to get as much as I paid for it in return when I sold it.

It doesn't hurt anyone here if it doesn't sell.

Just my two cents.

Storm180

-Bill

Hi Bill,

I'm not gonna pass judgement on this rino thing I just want to say thanx for serving our country and keeping it free.. I served in the Navy from 75-78 active then drilling reserve from 78-80. Please tell your buddies many of us here in the USA appreciate what you do for us.. A veteran from my last employer had a sticker on rear window of his truck that read "Freedom Isn't Free" and I think that says it all. There is a price to be paid for everything in life.

Stay Safe,

Ray