Are you SH Geocachers Seeing the Great Comet?

Iowa Tom

Hey are you guys down there seeing Comet McNaught right now? I can hardly believe my eyes when I see the pictures coming in from the Southern Hemisphere. I only caught one glimpse of it from here in the central US before it headed south. <_< I've made many geocaches that have a theme that is related to something about nature. I would think that making one about this unreal comet would be good. :yikes:

Edited by Iowa Tom

Yes, we are seeing the comet and it looks superb. We where able to watch it set above the Sydney Olympic site last Tuesday while signing the log on a cache. But generally we just move outside, sit back in the banana lounges and watch it set while enjoying a mango smoothie. There are a lot of bushfires around at the moment and the smoke haze makes it harder to see as it gets lower to the horizon.

d205a851-9e30-450d-82fa-f133cc8b972a.jpg

View from backyard

CoolAid and I saw it 2 nights ago. I didn't even realise what we were looking at. It dawned after a while that it wasn't a plane as it wasn't going anywhere. Tonight a 9:15 apparantly is the ideal time in Canberra to see it again.

From what they said the Northern Hemisphere should be able to see the tail at the moment, but I guess that depends on how far North you are.