"owner" notification email not received

4leafclover

Whew....I just checked my emails and I was satisfied to see 21 waiting in my inbox and they were all but one of them were from GC! That is good....I see that the throttling got an oiling!

I'm adding my name to the list also and it's not any better. It gone back to Jan 8th for me when I hid my last cache and never got any notices about it. I use a Hotmail accout. Anybody else experience this still?

WTT-B2

I'll give this topic a bump before it rolls off the page. In the last 48 hours I've only received one cache found email, but there have been numerous logs to my caches. I've received a few contact emails and pocket queries, but that's it. And my email is sent to a domain that I own, so I would be able to see in the logs if the messages got caught by spam filters. I do use greylisting but I haven't changed the configuration and it's never been a problem in the 14 months I've been using it.

I'll give this topic a bump before it rolls off the page. In the last 48 hours I've only received one cache found email, but there have been numerous logs to my caches. I've received a few contact emails and pocket queries, but that's it. And my email is sent to a domain that I own, so I would be able to see in the logs if the messages got caught by spam filters. I do use greylisting but I haven't changed the configuration and it's never been a problem in the 14 months I've been using it.

Thanks DavidMac,

I’m still not receiving any of my notifications except for pocket queries. That includes my owned caches and all other notifications I have set up that were working correctly up to about 4 weeks ago. I sent a request into Groundspeak support and received a ticket number on it. One thing I did was put a low priority on it which looks to be a mistake on my part. I’ll keep you informed of any info I get.

WTT-B2

We have also been having problems not getting gc.com email. We have a few very active caches that we monitor and while there were posts to it yesterday, no email has been recieved. While pq is working fine, owner mail and watchlist mail and publication notification are not working.

We use our own email server and all other messages are coming and going as expected. I have ordered products from businesses and sent test email messages to the accounts we use for geocaching and they are all functional. Hopefully gc.com will figure out what is going on and correct the issue ASAP.

I just held a geocaching event day before yesterday and I have only got half the emails that I should have got. NOTHING!

Glad to see that everyone is having a problem. I find this thread helpful when things go wrong so that I can confirm that it is nothing on my end that is causing it.

My inbox just exploded with 16 new emails at once from a bunch of my caches getting found. They came about 24 hours late because I saw some of the logs when they were posted.

The problem seems to be with owner notification emails...I am getting contact emails from other cachers just fine.

You can add my name to the list of those not receiving any notifications concerning my trackables and caches. I do get the weekly notification of caches in my area. I thought the cold weather was keeping people away from my caches but, they are being visited and I'm not getting any notification. I use HOTMAIL and until lately, got all the notifications. I looked to see if there was something I could check or fill in to ensure I get notified but no luck. My email account is still on the profile...

Can anybody explain how Yahoo "throttling" gc.com email affects the rest of us that don' have any connection to Yahoo or Gmail

Announcements...

I'm guessing all the emails trying to go to yahoo address were plugging up the pipe and keeping everything from getting out??

Edited by LLB Quest'ers

I've been reading through some of these notes and have found that many are experiencing the same problem we are. We have not received any cache post notifications in weeks! We seem to be getting the Weekly Notifications most of the time and emails with questions on some of caches are coming through, but not anything when caches are found or not found. Have any of you figured out what is going on? Our email is though sbcglobal.net and we receive them either through Outlook Express or Yahoo. And everything else is coming through okay.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Golly Geos