FORUM POSTS

gh patriot

i have inadvertantly balanced my post with finds.....45 posts 48 finds....... i would like to find many more as i really enjoy it but hawaii county only has 80 or so caches.... i have found a large portion of those...so i find myself posting about equal to my finds........ might be a good rule of thumb for those of us that dont have years of experience to share....

Why is it that so many people have more posts in the forums than they have cache finds? Go find a cache!!

And there is a reason for your provocation? Not that I really care.

I have more posts than finds for several reasons. None of which are any of your business.

Now let me make a suggestion...why don't you go back to finding caches and stop posting inflammatory questions in the forums. <_<

El Diablo

Not tryin to offend anyone, Ive only been cachin for a month and saw that some people have thousands of posts and was curious. Cache on!!!

It's NOT just about finding caches for everyone. There's folks like me that take the time to tryyyy to hide really good ones. I'm much more of a hider than a finder.

Not tryin to offend anyone, Ive only been cachin for a month and saw that some people have thousands of posts and was curious. Cache on!!!
It's NOT just about finding caches for everyone. There's folks like me that take the time to tryyyy to hide really good ones. I'm much more of a hider than a finder.

I really appreciate hiders like you! :) Say, I just got another post! Oops! I could have found another quickie cache instead of doing that! :yikes:<_< I am going out tomorrow night to find a hot new cache in our area called "The Kiss of Midnight!" :) I would much rather go out and find one really good cache versus 100 quickies! :)

Why is it that so many people have more posts in the forums than they have cache finds? Curious.

My job puts me in front of a PC all day and I check the forums from time to time. I can't cache while working, but during my downtime at work I can look at the forums.

I also do not watch TV, so whle most people are watching American Idol, 24,CSI, etc... I'm surfing the Internet and often visiting this and other forums.

Finally, I'm a website volunteer and it's part of my responsibility to lurk here.

I'm not sure however why there should be any connection between forum posts and cache finds. Could you explain?

lets have a competition, we can even make a wager on it if you want.

since they are the same thing to you... you'll find as many caches as you can, and I'll make posts here. Whoever gets the highest number wins the bet and the money.

let me know if you're interested and we'll set up a time for this.

<_<

I have often wondered why some of us post where and what we do.

I think a psychologist would have a field day in these forums!

I can't believe some enterprising student hasn't made us the topic of an Abnormal Psychology Master's or Doctoral thesis!

As for me, I have no good answer but that I enjoy it.

Just about the time I start to get run down someone will send me a private message saying something to the effect of "Thank you for being a help", and that recharges my battery!

Why is it that so many people have more posts in the forums than they have cache finds? Curious.

In my case, it's because I am a stay at home mom. I am online a lot while the kids are napping - not like I can be out caching anyway (although I have let them nap in the car if there were some park n grabs I could get). Also, my husband is Army and is deployed right now, so I am online a lot in the evenings after he goes to bed. Not to mention, I not only enjoy actually geocaching, but I enjoy reading about it and talking (typing) about it as well.

Savannah is not a very cache dense city (quality, not quantity is the name of the game here) so even when I go out caching, a good day means getting 7 or 8, not 50 or 100 or so.

Edited by parker313

My job puts me in front of a PC all day and I check the forums from time to time. I can't cache while working, but during my downtime at work I can look at the forums.

I also do not watch TV, so whle most people are watching American Idol, 24,CSI, etc... I'm surfing the Internet and often visiting this and other forums.

Finally, I'm a website volunteer and it's part of my responsibility to lurk here.

I'm not sure however why there should be any connection between forum posts and cache finds. Could you explain?

Ditto most of that :blink::laughing:

I don't know either? Maybe they like the company in here and enjoy a lively debate? :laughing:

Maybe they are being helpful when real questions are being asked? :blink:

Maybe as has already been pointed out they can surf the 'net when they are at work, but cannot leave to go find a cache? :laughing:

Maybe they really don't have a life? :huh:

Maybe it tastes better than eggplant? :laughing:

Everyone gets something different out of their involvement with geocaching and as long as they are having FUN who cares? :blink:

BTW-I will never have more posts than finds. :P

Edited by wimseyguy

In 15 min I can post in 15 topics and read them all.

In 15 min I can't even get in the car and get to the first cache before my break is over.

Today it's wait for the plumber day. I can post and wait but I can't cache and wait.

It's all in the math. Plus I like to post. If I didn't I'd stil lbe waiting for the plumber, Just not posting.

Edited by Renegade Knight

i have respectable caching credentials.

i have yet to find a cache from my desk during my lunch break.

i'm not complaining, but going to a cache involves getting into the car and going somewhere. the only caches within walking distance of my work or my home are mine.

so if all i have to spend is a few minutes and i want a geocaching related experience, it's the forums. usually i just read. but sometimes i answer silly questions like this one.

I guess I am struggling to find a correlation between finds and forum posting and why they are connected as you seem to be proposing. I don't see what one has to do with the other. In fact a person could be very involved in the hobby without ever even finding a cache and may have plenty of reason to participate in the forums. For example an individual who is enagaged in the growing hobby of geocoin collecting may never go near a cache and still have plenty to say here.

Now leave me alone while I go back to not caching. :blink:

my earlier post about my situation on post vs caches is purely coincidental..... i would love to have more finds...the situation here doesnt allow it yet.... about half my finds are off island when i travel. .....i would post more if i had more experience and could share it effectively with others...so for me it just happens to be about a 1 to 1 ratio......

however i haave been refuted and my fragile ego just cant handle it so in order to restore my ego i must go find some caches......when i do i may timidly post again.........:)

uh oh now i have 50 posts to my meager 48 finds.....can i borrow a few finds.......oh yeah i just remembered about a couple of armchair caches in europe .....thats the ticket!!!!

Edited by escondido100