Google Earth Question

Buddaman

When the caches are on the map thay are yellow pins instead of the icons of each cache

sometimes there the icons of the cache and then when i move thay switch to yellow pins . thay are caches I've found and have not found My question is how do I get rid of the yellow pins so just the cache icons show instead of the yellow pins.

Are you using the beta version?? (Google Earth) Check for an update. Worked for me :ph34r:

I don't think so..

Google Earth

Build Date

Jan 5 2007

Build Time

11:17:17

Renderer

DirectX 8

Operating System

Microsoft Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

Video Driver

000010DE (00006.00014.00010.05673)

Max Texture Size

2048x2048

Server

kh.google.com

Yeah, I believe you have the latest......that's what I'm running. The icons are acting funny with my software as well. While panning they change from the geocache symbol to the pin and back again. If I zoom in and let the streaming complete to 100% I get the correct icon. Looks like there are still some bugs to work out.

Yeah, I believe you have the latest......that's what I'm running. The icons are acting funny with my software as well. While panning they change from the geocache symbol to the pin and back again. If I zoom in and let the streaming complete to 100% I get the correct icon. Looks like there are still some bugs to work out.

Yep that is what is going on with me too.

cool at least I'm not alone

I thought it might be me :ph34r:

I just updated and with the new version the name of the cache is always displayed. I don't like it that way, the old way was better when the name of the cache only showed up when you moved over it with the cursor. Does this bother anyone else? Or am I missing a setting somewhere that would fix the issue?

Or-pingman

Yep that is what is going on with me too.

cool at least I'm not alone

I thought it might be me :huh:

I am also getting some funky behavior with Google Earth. Still useful but the yellow pushpins with no text switching to the traditional icon display is a bit of a pain. Hopefully, they will get this issue fixed pretty soon. I still have an OLD version of Google Earth on a different computer. I won't upgrade this one until things work better.

Find-me

I just upgraded to Google Earth 4.0.2737. An earlier version I had would show all the waypoints and tracks in a gpx file. This new version only shows some of the waypoints and none of the tracks. Is there an option I am missing on the Google Earth settings? The earlier version was 3 something. The update was prompted by a hard drive crash and system rebuild so I don't have the old files to go back to. OS - Windows XP Pro - SP2 - IE6

Thanks

I just upgraded to Google Earth 4.0.2737. An earlier version I had would show all the waypoints and tracks in a gpx file. This new version only shows some of the waypoints and none of the tracks.

I'm getting the same problem. I open up my .gpx file in google earth and only about 5 geocaches show up on the screen instead of the 100 that I have in the .gpx file. I can see the entire list of geocaches are checked on the left side under "Places" and when I double click on one of them it takes me to the place on the map where the cache is at, but there's no icon and no description on the map side. Very strange.....

If the time slider suggestion doesnot help, I have v 3.0.0762 that I can send. No problems with cache files, tracks, etc.

Thanks. I eventually found a copy of v 3.0.0762 on the web and I am using that now. I may go back to the latest version and try the time sliders. I knew I was missing something but did not know where to start. Thanks to everyone for hte help.

Earth4 has some nice features when you drop a PQ onto it; it'll display cache icons and cache description in the balloon, for example. But if you like Earth3, stay on Earth3.

I get cache icons and descriptions when I run the PQ through GPSBabel to generate a .kml file that I open in GE. Sounds like GE4 does this conversion for you.