Promoting the Search

Hiram

I thought I had it figured out last year and after a few months I turned it off (archived it). I have received Emails suggesting disappointment that it was gone. Now I want to put one back that is almost identical but have a bug that needs some suggestions.

It was a puzzle cache that used five keys. The keys each had portions of the final coordinates on them. The finder recorded the information and moved it to another cache of their choosing. The new location was recorded on another web site for the next person to find (before someone else did and moved it again). You can see that this would promote caching in my area, whether or not they find my cache.

My problem is, how do I keep the keys from leaving the playing area? I tried keeping extra keys and substituting them as they disappeared or moved to some other part of the country. I tried having two sets moving around, even more caches in the area were involved. Does anyone have any suggestions?

...proximity fuse goes off when they leave the city limits...

Neat idea but has the obvious problem you describe. Short of notes, tags and messages begging people not to move them out-of-area - I am not sure what you could do.

That's not beneith me... Where can I get one! I can get the dynamite without a problem.

...proximity fuse goes off when they leave the city limits...

Neat idea but has the obvious problem you describe. Short of notes, tags and messages begging people not to move them out-of-area - I am not sure what you could do.

That was my first thought... I really long piece of string?

I would make sure to put the notes on the travel bug page, but more importantly, attach notes physically to the travel bug, asking it to stay in a certain area.

Wew have a couple of caches around here that have keys to unlock a box. On the key there is a note asking to leave the keys within 20 miles of the final or in the final so the owner can move them on. I think a couple of them are missing but the others have stayed in the area.

Got it figured out.

Only my Blue key has not disappeared.

The other four keep going away. I think they are just being picked up by cachers outside

the area and they are reluctant to log them.

I just laminated a copy of the Travel Tag and send it on its way again with the same info.

Oh well if they turn up, maybe I'll retrieve them maybe not. The game goes on.