We need a proper term.

Sioneva

Initially I was going with gaggle, but...wellll...I guess I have to go with #2....

A CADRE OF CACHERS

Woot...how ya like me now...

I didn't read every post, sooo, I hope I didn't repeat anyone, I feel so ashamed now.

Par 2: I looked it up and it covers allll requirements ( even for our communist cachers )

ca•dre

Pronunciation: (kad'rē, kä'drā), [key]

—n.

1. Mil.the key group of officers and enlisted personnel necessary to establish and train a new military unit.

2. a group of trained or otherwise qualified personnel capable of forming, training, or leading an expanded organization, as a religious or political faction, or a skilled work force: They hoped to form a cadre of veteran party members.

3. (esp. in Communist countries) a cell of trained and devoted workers.

4. a member of a cadre; a person qualified to serve in a cadre.

5. a framework, outline, or scheme.

Edited by Col. Angus

"Gaggle" seems to have a lot of support. It's fun to say anyway, but I don't really want to be that associated with geese. :ph34r:

Someone suggested "Friends" and that's kind of sweet...eeh...maybe a little too sweet.

So how about a "Fraggle" of cachers?

It's fun to say, it seems to go well with "muggle"...and it lends itself to "getting fragged."

And we are around rocks quite a bit.

Bret

Maybe a combination of all of them? Anyone care to put it together? I like Gaggle, add another to the vote for it! Maybe something random thats not really a word or even resembles one... like a floop... or a gloop... maybe a snoop? Lame, I know, better leave it to the experts.

Ty

Boise, Idaho

Famous Potatos and Boise State Football

gaggle was my first reaction to the question.

as was mine.. I was scrolling down to see if anyone else had it before I added it. When I've watched others looking for a cache it is usually an uncoordinated meandering about, much like a gaggle of geese. Other terms like herd or swarm indicate to me some sort of organized effort with a central focus, which has seldom taken place in my limited experience. One more vote for Gaggle.

"Gaggle" seems to have a lot of support. It's fun to say anyway, but I don't really want to be that associated with geese. <_<

Someone suggested "Friends" and that's kind of sweet...eeh...maybe a little too sweet.

So how about a "Fraggle" of cachers?

It's fun to say, it seems to go well with "muggle"...and it lends itself to "getting fragged."

And we are around rocks quite a bit.

Bret

I like the idea of making up a new word. I don't want to be associated with a bunch of dumb birds so gaggle doesn't work for me. "Fraggle" has a nice ring to it, so I'll second the motion for Fraggle! :)

Fraggle - a group of cachers

Use it in a sentence - A fraggle of cachers were frazzled by an evil cache! :yikes:

How about a Hunt of cachers.

From wiktionary (kinda):

The word applies collectively to a group of hunters practicing a hunt.

It may also take the form of a search for a specified target that can, unlike a hunting prey, remain unheard, as in specific compounds such as scavenger hunt or treasure hunt.

Edited by piscatore

Okay. You're out caching by yourself. You approach the cache site, and you hear voices. You duck behind a tree, and peek out, and lo and behold you spot a ______________ of cachers, clustered around the ammo can. My question is, what do you call them?

I'd say if they were getting the FTF, you would call them FASTER THAN YOU.

In this thread from 2005, I provided the Markwell to this thread from 2003. I am happy to continue being of service. To the best of my recollection, these are the only prior threads on this subject. Note who first suggested the term "event" of cachers.

Ah, but in the (October) 2003 thread, I markwelled this even older (June 2003) thread. :laughing:

My favorite is "constellation". "Multi" and "datum" are also good.

Edited by Dinoprophet

Here in Texas, we would just call them by their names: Julie, Trey, Candy, and Wayne.

Texas' Top Four cachers: Mrs Captain Picard, TreyB, Moosiegirl, and The Outlaw.

Geoherd is the term used/coined in Bell County, although I thought "hoard" was funny and quite appropriate from the aforementioned group.