Magellan Explorist 210 any good?

jmarino13

Two things:

1. The 210 is a great GPS. I bought a used one for $90 and I'm very impressed with it. The base map is surprisingly thorough (more than enough for me) and the 22 megs of memory is more than I'll ever need for the geocaching I do. Furthermore, I'm adding items to the base map (POI's) to fill in the few gaps.

2. $140 is a little high. With patience you can probably get an Explorist 400 for that price on Ebay.

Good device, does plenty, and having the maps is handy for those non-urban caches. Couldn't be more pleased, although being in Australia, we have the European model, which now has the improved firmware. This speeds up satellite acquisition, and in general does a great job.

Good device, does plenty, and having the maps is handy for those non-urban caches. Couldn't be more pleased, although being in Australia, we have the European model, which now has the improved firmware. This speeds up satellite acquisition, and in general does a great job.

That same european firmware works on the US models too...even though Magellan will tell you it doesn't. I flashed mine about a month ago and am very pleased.

I just got one last weekend, new in the package for $60 with an offer for the mapsend topo for $9.99...so far it's been fine...I think, it was doing something funny with the light on the other night, but I was supposed to be paying attention to something else, so I was distracted and am not entirely sure what was going on.