60csx map switching

Billk72

The only easy way I have found is to put City Navigator on one micro-SD card and TOPO on another and switch the cards. You can turn off various maps in the Map Setup page, but if you have very many loaded (like I do) it takes FOREVER to shut off the ones you don't want. I found it easier to just switch the cards. YMMV.

-Dave&Stacy

The only easy way I have found is to put City Navigator on one micro-SD card and TOPO on another and switch the cards. You can turn off various maps in the Map Setup page, but if you have very many loaded (like I do) it takes FOREVER to shut off the ones you don't want. I found it easier to just switch the cards. YMMV.

-Dave&Stacy

With the older Mapsource products, the Metro maps "trump" the topo maps. That is, the metro map would take precidence over all topo maps encompassed by the same area. Select the metro map to see the city information and simply deselect it to see the topo information. I can't speak for City Navigator as I haven't used it, but this technique is worth a try.

I have a new 60CSx and I haven't bought any memory cards or CDs. I have been reading the logs here to determine what the best course of action for me is.

I will use the GPSr for both hiking and autorouting.

What happens when you are in an area that is covered by both 2 different maps that you have loaded in? Do you see both. That would seem overloaded and confusing.

Or is it as simple as the previoius posting? All you have to do is shut one map off.

thanks in advance.