***Contest***

UOTrackers

I can honestly say that I have (over the last week or so) searched for hours trying to find a Mailbox that I liked for the 2nd version of the "What was in your mailbox today" Community Geocoin. So I started thinking, since this is a Community coin, why not get your input, which of course lead to this contest!

Here are the particulars:

You may submit up to 5 mailbox pictures per day. (a day is defined as a period of time from 12:00 am EST until 11:59 pm EST of that same day)

This contest will run from right now until Sunday 01/21/07 at 11:59 pm EST.

All I need is a mailbox picture, the type of mailbox needs to be of a size that I can still work names around it. If you saw the last coin, you'll understand, I will likely have another 100+ names.

What will you win? Not only will I use your mailbox inspiration for the coin, but you will also receive a very special Limited Edition coin. Since the coin isn't done I can't tell you what will make it so special, but rest assured it will be different from all the others!

I can't do picture art but what about a computer (just the monitor) with the screen saying "You've Got Mail" and then the names filling the screen and also names filled in around the computer - the background so to speak? The Groundspeak logo could be the on/off button on the monitor.

Edited by GPX Navigators

mailboxtq8.png

Is there a size requirement?

I actually have something like this mocked up, but I can't settle on it, which is why I thought to ask everyone. I keep coming back to the blue box being too big to fit names around. I was actually wondering if mail boxes are different in England like the phone booths are. I have no idea, never been there.

2 idears for ya....

1) Just the mail slot that is half open with a mailer hanging half out. Sorta look like it's a mail slot into the coin. - Something like this kind: mail-slot-31.jpg

2) One of the square wall mount mail boxes where the lid opens at the top and the newspaper hooks at the bottom and it has a mailer sticking out.

Jayman11

Edited by jho135

2) One of the square wall mount mail boxes where the lid opens at the top and the newspaper hooks at the bottom and it has a mailer sticking out.

Jayman11

Ok this might sound silly, I had one of those types of mailboxes growing up, but I've never really seen once since so I thought it would be weird. Also not very colorful.

Jayman11

Ok this might sound silly, I had one of those types of mailboxes growing up, but I've never really seen once since so I thought it would be weird. Also not very colorful.

Hey not funny, I have one of those still, that's why i thought of it. :blink:

Jayman11

mailboxtq8.png

Is there a size requirement?

I actually have something like this mocked up, but I can't settle on it, which is why I thought to ask everyone. I keep coming back to the blue box being too big to fit names around. I was actually wondering if mail boxes are different in England like the phone booths are. I have no idea, never been there.

I like this mailbox also. Maybe instead of placing this picture on a round coin and trying to fit the names around it, you could make the coin the same shape as this picture and just put the names on the mailbox. In other words, a coin shaped like this mailbox with the all names on it.

youvegotmail.jpg

Just a quick pic of what me and GPXnavigators were thinking of. its got some errors in it, but its jsut an idea

good going guys! That is if you are thinking internationally :rolleyes: the first time we came to the states I was putting my "trash' in your mailboxes until i tried to post my postcards home into one of your "rubbish bins" and realised my error! ( hey they are the same shape as our litter bins! and i was a kid!)