Ziplock bag question

evelbug

Ahoy-ho!

Some of the wooden nickels, poker chips and tokens that I've either found in caches or received in trades have been put into small ziplock bags just a little bigger than the item. Where does one get these. I'd like to get some for my poker chips and pathtags.

Thanks,

Bug

I looked in Michaels the other day and didn't see them. I also wasn't sure where in the store to look. I'll check by the beads. If not, I'll check out Wally World.

Thanks.

I'm really not sure where they are in Michaels. The truth is, I find myself wandering up and down all the isles looking for what I need everytime I go to Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Perhaps near beads or coin collecting stuff. You might need to ask.

Joanns has them in 2 sizes. Large is suitable for a reasonably sized travelbug or a notebook, small fits a micro stash note and log strips folded in half.

RiteAid sells them in for sorting pills, in the same aisle as their little pillboxes.

RiteAid ones are DEFINITELY waterproof. You could tell by the thickness of the polyethylene ummm the clear plastic I mean.

:blink:

I went to Wal*Mart after work the other day, and the had every size but the one I wanted. So, yesterday I stopped at a different Wal*Mart while at work and picked up a pack of small bags. Now my poker chips will stay nice and dry when I put them in caches.

Thanks,

Bug

I was at Michael's today and they had a yarn brand I like for cheap. So I bought a bunch of scarf making yarn and am now in the process of making about 20 scarves for my swag bag. It takes me about an hour or two of actual sit down and knit time to make a scarf. I'm keeping the pink one for myself and DS wants a blue one. I also bought yarn needed for a sweater I'm making for myself and for a ribbon scarf. There was also some kistka (sp) supplies, so I'm thinking about dropping off some dyed eggs at specific caches. Or not. :huh:

But yah, you can get very creative when it comes to caching tokens. I've found poker chips and a rubber duck. I think the scarves I'm going to be dropping (and have dropped) will go over well, no?

But yah, you can get very creative when it comes to caching tokens. I've found poker chips and a rubber duck. I think the scarves I'm going to be dropping (and have dropped) will go over well, no?

There have been some cold winter days caching that I would have loved to find a scarf in the cache.

... But yah, you can get very creative when it comes to caching tokens. I've found poker chips and a rubber duck. I think the scarves I'm going to be dropping (and have dropped) will go over well, no?
Maybe. If the cache doesn't stay very dry, they might get kind of funky. Ammo boxes are best for this, but they tend to have an odor that you might not want.

I looked in Michaels the other day and didn't see them. I also wasn't sure where in the store to look. I'll check by the beads. If not, I'll check out Wally World.

Thanks.

I'm really not sure where they are in Michaels. The truth is, I find myself wandering up and down all the isles looking for what I need everytime I go to Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Perhaps near beads or coin collecting stuff. You might need to ask.

I found them in Michaels near the beads. That was over a year ago; they might have placed them elsewhere. If you can't find them, ask a clerk.

I found some at Walmart in the craft section near the beads. These bags where not very thick. I went to Walgreens the next day, and they had some that were a thicker grade. I got those also. I like the thicker ones better. I found them near where the daily medication deviders are. They also have the pill fobs, for micros, if anyone is interested.

... But yah, you can get very creative when it comes to caching tokens. I've found poker chips and a rubber duck. I think the scarves I'm going to be dropping (and have dropped) will go over well, no?
Maybe. If the cache doesn't stay very dry, they might get kind of funky. Ammo boxes are best for this, but they tend to have an odor that you might not want.

Put them in a heavy duty 1 gallon freezer ziploc bag. :huh: