Has anyone setup Pocket Queries to cover a whole state?

Geojiggs

I am thinking of tring to establish a series of Pocket Queries too submit a list of all the GC's in Wisconsin. Mainly because I am starting to travel more around the state and it would be nice to have the entire state list in my 60cx as POI's

Im sure I could setup a mutitude of Queries based on zip code but I'm afraid that I will get too much overlap or miss a large section.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Kris

It's not double entries that is the problem, but the limits on PQs. With a max of 500 per PQ, Wisconsin would take at least 11 PQs (5393 caches as of right now). If you have the same cache in multiple PQs, you may need to get more PQ's to cover the state. Breaking down the caches by date, you have zero overlap and can make the most effecient use of the PQs.

I am thinking of tring to establish a series of Pocket Queries too submit a list of all the GC's in Wisconsin. Mainly because I am starting to travel more around the state and it would be nice to have the entire state list in my 60cx as POI's

Im sure I could setup a mutitude of Queries based on zip code but I'm afraid that I will get too much overlap or miss a large section.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Kris

If you are talking about Texas, do you realize that as of right now there are 16664 caches in the state of Texas. How much memory does your GPS have?

<_<

Edited by txoilgas

Take the GPX files you receive and import each one into the same database in GSAK. (Get GSAK, it is wonderful!) Then you will have all the caches for a state and will be able to filter them by difficulty, terrain, distance from a centerpoint, last logs, etc. You can export the large database back to a GPX file for import into a PDA. I recommend Cachemate on a pda.

Most GPSr will only hold about 1000 points, so even if you get the whole state you probably won't be able to put them all on a GPSr. Just filter for the area or difficulty you want and you will slowly get to the point where you only get the caches you will be near during the trip.

-J