2007 TrainSet Steam Engine

ranger216

I like the idea of a steam loco, but somehow not having a tender just doesn't seem right. Where's that locomotive going to get its wood/water from?

How about a four coin set (similar to the '06) with locomotive, tender, vintage passenger car, and vintage caboose?

Anyhow, I'm interested...

Well I am willing.. I am a little worried since I get the impression on the forums that paople really arent interested in 4 coin sets..

In addition, I am still planning my 4 coin 07 set later this year (to add rolling stock to the existing trains)

Of course, I could always make THAT set 2 coins and run this as 4..

What is the opinion of the rest of the group?

I guess if I did that, it would still be reasonably priced..

I am thinking of the engine as a 2" coin, tender 1.5" pass car 2" or 1.75" and caboose 1.5" or 1.75"

all those sizes affect it the length since the heigth would be the same as the originals

What do you think?

Will the 07 set just be a repeat of the 06 set? Or will it contain all new cars? I guess I was under the impression that the 07 set would be the same engine and caboose as the 06 set, with the addition of 2 different cars. So, if you already have the 06 set, you can just add the 2 new cars each year. If the 07 set will be all new cars, I'd like to see the steam engine and 3 other cars of the same era as the new 07 set.

If you have other plans for the 07 set, I vote for the steam engine and tender as a 2 coin set now (in addition to the upcoming 07 4-coin set).

Did that make any sense? :rolleyes:

I'm with the group that wants the coins to be the same size as the last set.

And I'd love to see a tender added to the engine. I'm assuming the other coins will be vintage train stock to match the engine and that all the images will be new ones, none like the last set.

I mean, there's a TON to choose from. Why repeat an image? :rolleyes:

I think one of the original thoughts was by repeating the 06 engine and caboose, and adding 2 different cars was, if you already had the 06 set, you could just get the 2 new cars. But, if you weren't able to get the 06 set, you could still get it in 07.

Doesn't really matter to me. I have the beautiful copper and bronze 06 complete sets! I'll add just 2 new cars, or buy complete new sets! Either one works for me!

Adding a couple cars each year to the original 06 set would be terrific. I would suggest that the new cars also have the year made on them. Maybe like XXXXX-07. Same for your vintage set of 2 or 4, whatever you decide.

If you make them they will sell! :rolleyes:

Chugga... Chugga... Chugga... Chugging all the way down the line with you... TOOT! TOOT!

Lummieh

FYI... Personally I would like the 07 set be the 4 car vintage set, with a couple cars added each following year. :rolleyes:

Will the 07 set just be a repeat of the 06 set? Or will it contain all new cars? I guess I was under the impression that the 07 set would be the same engine and caboose as the 06 set, with the addition of 2 different cars. So, if you already have the 06 set, you can just add the 2 new cars each year. If the 07 set will be all new cars, I'd like to see the steam engine and 3 other cars of the same era as the new 07 set.

If you have other plans for the 07 set, I vote for the steam engine and tender as a 2 coin set now (in addition to the upcoming 07 4-coin set).

Did that make any sense? :rolleyes:

I was going to add 4 cars of rolling stock,, BUT if I do the 4 antique trains.. it will only be 2 cars of rolling stock,,

And I'd love to see a tender added to the engine. I'm assuming the other coins will be vintage train stock to match the engine and that all the images will be new ones, none like the last set.

It was never my intention to repeat any 06 cars for 07

Don't you think the tender should be of a different size?

It was never my intention to repeat any 06 cars for 07

Yes, I think the engine and tender should be relatively proportional.

So, are you thinking of doing a steam engine set now, and separate 07 4-coin set?

I guess I don't understand what exactly will be in the "rolling stock".

Edited by MommyFinder

I have had people inquire into a steam engine coin to go with my set of "trainset geocoins"..

I found a really nice one to make a coin of..

This will be seperate from the 2007 Ranger216 4 coin train set which will be offered later in the year

Is there still an interest in this coin?

Here is what i had for the passenger car

train.jpg

Adding a couple cars each year to the original 06 set would be terrific. I would suggest that the new cars also have the year made on them. Maybe like XXXXX-07. Same for your vintage set of 2 or 4, whatever you decide.

If you make them they will sell! :huh:

Chugga... Chugga... Chugga... Chugging all the way down the line with you... TOOT! TOOT!

Lummieh

FYI... Personally I would like the 07 set be the 4 car vintage set, with a couple cars added each following year. :huh:

The years will be on the coins from 07 further

I think it would look best if the locomotive and tender were proportionately sized -- the result, I suspect, would then drive the decision toward different sizes.

exactly...

maybe tender- 1.5" engine 2"

Sounds good to me! And I LOVE the passenger car, too!

Definitely want a steam engine to go with my set from last year.

I think I have the nickel set, #015. Put me down for one.

And 1.75" sounds good.

Tender car is a "maybe". Will have to see it first.

I, too, am unsure about a tender at this time...

If I add it to the existing coin.. I think it will take away from its general appearance,,

to make it a 2nd coin ..I dont think I want to do that

I am really wanting to do that pass car along with the steam engine...

unless the community WOULD prefer the tender to the pass car at this time

I'm still in for whatever you decide to make - steam engine, passenger car, and tender.

The pictures of the engine and pass car look great, can't wait to see the tender.

Nice job so far ranger216.

I guess it depends on how many coins you want to work on this year. I generally agree with SeabeckTribe. If the answer is four, I'd suggest a two-coin continuation of last year's series and begin with two from the "Age of Steam" - perhaps the engine and the passenger car since the designs you posted above are very stylish. You could then finish off the "Age of Steam" with two other cars (tender & caboose?) as well as work on cars #7 and #8 in your original series in 2008.

Two AoS cars in the first half of the year and two original series cars in the last half of the year are also easier on the wallet than four cars all at one time.

-SK

I guess it depends on how many coins you want to work on this year. I generally agree with SeabeckTribe. If the answer is four, I'd suggest a two-coin continuation of last year's series and begin with two from the "Age of Steam" - perhaps the engine and the passenger car since the designs you posted above are very stylish. You could then finish off the "Age of Steam" with two other cars (tender & caboose?) as well as work on cars #7 and #8 in your original series in 2008.

Two AoS cars in the first half of the year and two original series cars in the last half of the year are also easier on the wallet than four cars all at one time.

-SK

I know... forking out for a 4 coin sets take away from the next 2 or 3 nice individual coins you find..

I am lending toward engine/tender for now.. but do like the pass car also

Engine/tender for sure since it would need one in real life to get going! :huh:

I think GCRR would look great on the tender.... and Geocaching Railraod on the Passenger car..

What do you think?

Oh yeah! Definitely, great idea! B)

Someone earlier called this "Age of Steam" geocoins,,

I love the idea..

I think GCRR would look great on the tender.... and Geocaching Railraod on the Passenger car..

What do you think?

I love the idea..

another thought someone just emailed me would be to make the tender non-trackable.. and still make all 3 coins in the set... engine and passenger car trackable.. tender not since it is really part of the engine..

Whatcha think?

What do you think?

I love the idea..

another thought someone just emailed me would be to make the tender non-trackable.. and still make all 3 coins in the set... engine and passenger car trackable.. tender not since it is really part of the engine..

Whatcha think?

GCRR: great idea!

Non-trackable tender: I would prefer that all "equipment" (locomotives, tenders, rolling stock) be trackable -- mostly because I am not so interested in non-trackable items. But if push came to shove, I'd buy it anyway...

What do you think?

I love the idea..

Whatcha think?

I love the idea of the set. I'm in for whatever you come up with. I wish I would have seen you earlier sets before now.

Mike

Traveling Chief

Did that make any sense? :D

Who's on first.. whats on 2nd...lol...

I think it will be engine/tender both trackable

and then 2 "age of steam" and 2 "modern rolling stock" later in the year (also all trackable)

Edited by ranger216

Perhaps this is a solution to the engine/tender question...

include the tender in the engine coin..

ie: engine/tender coin.. it would be probably 2 1/2" (engine be 1.75" -tender .75")

That would keep it to scale with the oroginal trainset coins..

then I can still issue the passenger coin now...

and will still be a 2 coin set..

Whatcha think?

ie: engine/tender coin.. it would be probably 2 1/2" (engine be 1.75" -tender .75")

Whatcha think?

It works for me...

Whatcha think?

Good idea.

Whatcha think?

Go for it! :drama: