Difference in GPX export from GSAK?

sarhound

I was trying to update my maps via "It's Not About The Numbers." Since I'm still having problems receiving PQs on my Charter account, the My Finds PQ that I ran yesterday has disappeared into the ozone, never to be seen again. Since it can only be run once a week, I tried doing an export in GPX format on my database in GSAK that has all my finds in it. When I tried to use the resulting file as an upload to the website, I kept getting error messages.

My question-- is the .zip MyFinds GPX sent from here different from the GPX that is exported by GSAK, making the GSAK file unreadable?

Of course, there's always the possibility of operator error.... :unsure:

I was trying to update my maps via "It's Not About The Numbers." Since I'm still having problems receiving PQs on my Charter account, the My Finds PQ that I ran yesterday has disappeared into the ozone, never to be seen again. Since it can only be run once a week, I tried doing an export in GPX format on my database in GSAK that has all my finds in it. When I tried to use the resulting file as an upload to the website, I kept getting error messages.

My question-- is the .zip MyFinds GPX sent from here different from the GPX that is exported by GSAK, making the GSAK file unreadable?

Of course, there's always the possibility of operator error.... :unsure:

Yes, the MyFinds GPX file is different from what you get from a standard pocket query or a GPX exported from GSAK, and the "It's Not About The Numbers" Web site can't work with anything except that MyFinds GPX. Among other things, the Web site looks for specific header information in the file, and it expects that the logs portion of each record will contain your log of the cache and no others. If it doesn't see the proper header information, and/or detects more than one log in any cache record, the Web site will error out.

I learned this the hard way a couple of weeks ago when I received a "faulty" MyFinds file. I had logged a few newly found caches, then immediately ran the MyFinds pocket query. I didn't know it yet, but you need to wait at least a few hours between logging new cache finds and running that query, because the databases involved need a few hours to "synchronize" or whatever. Because I ran the MyFinds query too soon, the record for one of my newly-found caches actually had NO logs listed, not even my own "Found" log. That caused the generated statistics to be off by one cache. I tried to run a standard pocket query of my found caches through the "It's Not About The Numbers" site, but all I got was an error message. The same thing happened when I tried to use GSAK to generate a GPX that contained only my found caches.

--Larry