Caches near Rivers

fraggle69

Just thought I'd let you all know that the Thames Path is flooded upriver from Marlow, I don't know how far up.

This photo was taken on the edge of Higginson Park in Marlow with Bisham Abbey somewhere in the distance.

359726329_1738c30102_o.jpg

I too have a cache near a river so I'll be checking on that as it seems we're to get another wet and windy hammering this week. :)

Edited by fraggle69

Cant get to one of my caches due to water levels rising... need to go and check it today as it has a coin in it that really needs moving on...

Gill

can you not swim?

I don't mind doing some wading, if it means rescuing a coing I may be tempted to swim for it. Is there any ale involved?

Does this mean that there may well be water at the source of the Thames! Some of those Thames Path caches I feel will really have suffered with the floods that have occurred lately in Gloucestershire. Glad that we did them before the floods. Hope that they have survived Lydford Locators. :unsure::grin:

A couple of days ago I carefully inspected the riverside path along Scotland River Avon trail to see if it was safe for use after the weekend's extreme flood event so that I could allow the resumption of a temporarily disabled cache.

I saw something which I've never seen before: a sheep four or five feet up a tree! Goats climb trees, but sheep don't. The only possible explanation for the sheep being there is that the puir beast had fallen into the river upstream and been swept into the tree when the river was in full spate at an exceptionally high level.

A very strange sight!

A couple of days ago I carefully inspected the riverside path along Scotland River Avon trail to see if it was safe for use after the weekend's extreme flood event so that I could allow the resumption of a temporarily disabled cache.

I saw something which I've never seen before: a sheep four or five feet up a tree! Goats climb trees, but sheep don't. The only possible explanation for the sheep being there is that the puir beast had fallen into the river upstream and been swept into the tree when the river was in full spate at an exceptionally high level.

A very strange sight!

Was it DEAD?

A very strange sight!

Was it DEAD?

More importantly, do you have a picture??

Cant get to one of my caches due to water levels rising... need to go and check it today as it has a coin in it that really needs moving on...

Gill

can you not swim?

I can swim :-P the cache is actually out of the water.. and wont get wet at all, its just getting to the cache site means a little wading... i dont have wellies..

Gill

Gill

can you not swim?

I don't mind doing some wading, if it means rescuing a coing I may be tempted to swim for it. Is there any ale involved?

Are you buying :lol:

Gill

LOL

Edited by fraggle69

ODD!! The river state wasn't why you disabled the cache back in October??

Is this a slight white lie? :o Because I asked for it to be archived a few days ago, and you are now saying that as an excuse for it not being archived??? :):)

Considering you have visited the site each day since I posted the SBA log and done nothing about it, your timing with this excuse is impeccable?? :):lol:

My apologies for the thread drift.