Another Pocket Query Question

MommyLauren

Just upgraded to a Premium membership and downloaded Easy GPS to my PC. I've clicked a bunch of caches I'd like to download, but when I click on "download waypoints", I end up only receiving 1 of the many caches downloaded. Is there a certain way I'm supposed to be executing a "Pocket Query?" I thought this meant I could download a bunch of waypoints onto my PC all at once. What am I doing wrong?

You can have a pocket query give up to 500 caches. You do not click on individual caches when you set up your queries. With queries you have the ability to filter out not only how many, but pretty much what type, how difficult, the cache size, etc,,,. For example, if you filtered for caches rated 5 terrain dificulty or more, or caches placed in large containers, or event caches with certain size containers, then your query would come back quite sparse. Using too many filters can give you a small return of caches in the query as well. I'm thinking something like this could be your problem.

There are alot of variables and you have to take your time filtering for what you want or the query will come back with the wrong information. That's the key, take your time and watch what you're doing when setting up your query. Only saying this because i've been using them for years and i still make mistakes when running them.

When you click "Download" you are only downloading the .loc files. You need to use the pocket query tool on the right hand side under "My Account" tab. You can also download the .gpx from each cache if you want, but that will be more work. The FAQ should have everything you need to step your way through it.

ea6bflyr [:laughing:]

Just upgraded to a Premium membership and downloaded Easy GPS to my PC. I've clicked a bunch of caches I'd like to download, but when I click on "download waypoints", I end up only receiving 1 of the many caches downloaded. Is there a certain way I'm supposed to be executing a "Pocket Query?" I thought this meant I could download a bunch of waypoints onto my PC all at once. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!!! Makes much more sense now!

I am not getting my email sent to me with the results. Is the site experiencing difficulties?

I checked zip them

I have recieved my queries in the past with the same build info just different coordinates

I have not gotten pq emails that I submitted about 6 hours ago. It is now 4:30 P.M. eastern time. I usually get them as soon as I open my email program (Yahoo) so I'm guessing it's a site problem.

I am not getting my email sent to me with the results. Is the site experiencing difficulties?

I checked zip them

I have recieved my queries in the past with the same build info just different coordinates

I have not gotten pq emails that I submitted about 6 hours ago. It is now 4:30 P.M. eastern time. I usually get them as soon as I open my email program (Yahoo) so I'm guessing it's a site problem.

In another thread, Jeremy said they have detected a problem with outgoing mail and they are trying to get it fixed as quickly as possible. He did not say what the nature of the problem was.

He did, however, say that they are about to release (around the end of the month) a new PQ capability. We will be able to download our PQ results immediately instead of waiting for emails!

Edited by Semper Questio

I checked zip them

working!

I was having an issue where I was wanting to download the 500 nearest caches to my home coordinates. My I look at the option in My Account -> Find nearest caches, the list contained a lot more than the Pocket Query. After reading through this forum and following some of the suggestions I have modified the PQs not to include or exclude any of the things like dog, easy walking, parking, 24/7 etc etc, and the PQ now shows me the same list, and therefore permits me to import the PQ results from the zip email attachment into GSAK.

I have then created a filter in GSAK to select only the caches I'm interested in and to export them into a Memory Map compatible CSV file, so I can map out were the caches are and print out what I need to have a successful hunt.

Thank you for the suggestions .... I was thinking I would have to resort to manually export the GPX files one at a time from each cache and importing them into GSAK. Thank goodness I don't have to.

Happy caching

I checked zip them

In another thread, Jeremy said they have detected a problem with outgoing mail and they are trying to get it fixed as quickly as possible. He did not say what the nature of the problem was.

He did, however, say that they are about to release (around the end of the month) a new PQ capability. We will be able to download our PQ results immediately instead of waiting for emails!

I don't know who your email server is but you might also check with them. Charter was blocking some of the emails from Groundspeak as spam, There could be others doing it also.