How do I track this geocoin?

stillwaters

I found this geocoin last May in a cache called "Coastie's Delight". The intstructions indicated that the coin could be logged in at www.cogeo.org, however this is no longer an active website. The coin itself is copper colored. On one side it has a map of Oregon with a tree and a flag marking, possibly the firest geocaching site with a label that reads "GC1". This side of the coin is titled "Birthplace of Geocaching - Oregon". The coin number is "0292". On the reverse side is the Geocaching.com logo with the title "You are the search engine" and the year "2003". It also says "used with permission from Groundspeak".

Does anyone have any details about this vintage of coin, or how it could be tracked and moved on. I've tried to look for a trackable using "GC1292" and "GC10292" and "292" and "0292".

Thanks, Stillwaters

If the coin has an instruction page, does it also list who released it? If so, try contacting them and asking what you should do with it. Perhaps they could update the traveller's page. The intent, certainly, was to have it travel. But if there's no way to keep track of it's travels, then I'd agree that it could be considered swag, but see if you can find an owner.

Looked up the cache you said you found it in, the log the day previous to your log says they left an Orgeon geocoin. Not sure how/if these are trackable, did you ever check with the person that left it? :laughing:

Team Fisur has a picture of one here.

edit:

Looked up that url on the 'wayback machine', its seems cogeo.org got dropped(?) in favor of oregongeocaching.org

It looks like you can track the coin you found at http://log4.us/oregon

Edited by welch

The 03' Oregon coin is NON-Trackable, or at least the one I have isn't. They are numbered though, guess which one I have. =o)

Have you ever tried entering the number at http://log4.us/oregon ?? I don't have one myself to check, but some of the dates on the movement logs seem to be within the last couple weeks . So maybe its tracking system is still working? :laughing:

Ahh.. I see... it is trackable, but... Not on Geocaching.com, I guess I'll have to register mine to that site. Cool beans, thanks for the link. -57' :blink: